Speaking of CD's - Valor 7/31 - What did you think?

princessb

Wow, This is so Cloak and Dagger. Anyone care to elaborate or actually go into specifics of this Cruise.

I'm curious, But how many posts will it take before there is some substance to this thread ?

This was the Eastern Caribbean cruise that got re-routed by Tropical Storm Chris. They ended up going to Nassau (scheduled port) then Grand Turk instead of St. Thomas and Freeport instead of St. Martin. There were a lot of disappointed cruisers on board.

Darcy (I think her name is) is the CD who is filling in for Brett Alans while he is on vacation. She was the assistant CD on my cruise at the beginning of July. I liked her. I saw her around more than Brett and she seemed very nice and personable. But how she did as CD I can't say, since I really only replied to this post to remove the cloak and dagger.... Cloaks are SO last year.

Laura

Derf is the pseudonym of American artist John Backderf

Also

1. v. The act of exploiting a terminal which someone else has absentmindedly left logged on, to use that person's account, especially to post articles intended to make an ass of the victim you're impersonating. It has been alleged that the term originated as a reversal of the name of the gentleman who most usually left himself vulnerable to it, who also happened to be the head of the department that handled PLATO at the University of Delaware. Compare baggy pantsing.

2. n. The victim of an act of derfing, sense 1. The most typical posting from a derfed account read “I am a derf.”.

from

http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/D/derf.html

I know he has got to have an answer for the cloak and daggger!!

Cloak and dagger is a term sometimes used to refer to situations involving espionage, mystery, or even assassination. The phrase is related to William Shakespeare's Hamlet, in which the title character stabs Polonius, who had been eavesdropping behind a tapestry.

from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloak_and_dagger

Now people, we're getting off topic... The topic was CD's. Although how far off were we really. Cloak? Dagger? C - D. So I guess technically we are on topic.

But the question is can you carry a dagger on the plane or must it be in checked luggage? What about a scabbard full of liquid?

Laura

Archived