Question on the dining room over croweded

Can they bump you from eating at the main dining room. My wife and I were wondering if the dining room can accomodate EVERYONE on the ship in the two seatings??

Do they have this capacity or do they rely on a no-show factor of people eating at the windjammer or specialty restaurants.

I mean "what-if" formal night everyone on the ship decided they wanted to eat in the main dining room, me personally do not think they can accomodate everyone.

I can not imagine that would ever happen. Since every passenger is assigned a seat/table there would be no need to bump you from your seat for another passenger.

Now, you may not get assigned to your selected seating (main/late) because of capacity issues. But, I have always gotten my request filled. And to be honest there are tables every night with empty seats- sometimes entire tables are empty.

If you check the numbers, I believe that you will find that the capacity of the dining rooms onboard RCI ships is exactly one half of the ship's maximum capacity (every available berth filled). There are usually sections off the main dining room which are only used when the ship is sailing at more than normal capacity. If the ship is very full you may be placed in one of these wings, but you won't be bumped out of the dining room.:)

Archived