Covered balconies on Crown???

love2vacation

From lurking on the Crown Princess boards I have read that some of the balconies are completely open above, and others are partially open, yet others are totally covered. I can't seem to tell what is waht from the deck plans. :confused:

Since I like to scope out the room availability on the deck I want months in advance, can anyone tell me which decks have covered balconies, partially covered, and open balconies so I can plan which deck I want? Thanks in advance for you help.

(DH would NOT like a completely open balcony but could live with partial, as he likes the shade.)

Aloha-

Baja-

Caribe-

Dolphin-

Emerald-

Status of balcony cover for Crown Princess (and Caribbean Princess, Grand, Golden, Star, Sapphire and Diamond)

Lido - fully covered

Riviera - fully covered (on Crown and Caribbean Princess only.)

Aloha-fully covered

Baja-fully covered

Caribe- 1/2 covered. Balcony is larger at 9x10 instead of 9 x 5 like balcony decks listed above.

Dolphin- fully open. No overhead cover. All mini-suites cabins. Cabin is bigger but balcony is approx. the same size as Caribe.

Emerald - Fully covered I believe. Includes mix of mini-suites cabin with bigger balconies and some balcony cabins that overlook a walking promenade instead of ocean or other decks.

Note this list does not include the AFT balcony cabins on Baja, Caribe and Dolphin Deck which are slightly larger (9 ft. x 11 ft.) and fully covered. Some of the AFT Baja cabins also have a steel beam partially obstructing the balcony. If you are considering these, do a search of the Princess boards for more details and pictures.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise!

From lurking on the Crown Princess boards I have read that some of the balconies are completely open above, and others are partially open, yet others are totally covered. I can't seem to tell what is waht from the deck plans. :confused: -

The Crown is sister ship to the Caribbean Princess. We had a Caribe cabin on the Caribbean and loved it. The Dolphin deck balconies, while very large, are completely uncovered. The Caribe balconies are quite large and half covered. We loved it. We had a table, 2 side chairs and 2 lounge chairs. The Baja deck balconies are completely covered but small. Not too sure about the Aloha and Emerald decks. My preference on the Grand Class ships is the Caribe deck or the Baja deck.

• 1 month later...
The Crown is sister ship to the Caribbean Princess. We had a Caribe cabin on the Caribbean and loved it. The Dolphin deck balconies, while very large, are completely uncovered. The Caribe balconies are quite large and half covered. We loved it. We had a table, 2 side chairs and 2 lounge chairs. The Baja deck balconies are completely covered but small. Not too sure about the Aloha and Emerald decks. My preference on the Grand Class ships is the Caribe deck or the Baja deck.

We had a balcony cabin on the Caribe deck and loved it, too. It appeared much larger than the balconies on other decks. It was nice to have some covered space when it rained.

Archived