Help With The Caves

elou

I did the tour of the Green Grotto Caves back in February and found them to be quite interresting. For the most part it is an easy walk without too much bending or squeezing. There are a few areas where the roof drops to about 5 feet so you need to walk bent over for a short period. There is one spot on the tour that you have to squeeze through a hole but I am a big guy and was able to make it. In the middle of the tour you go down a set of stairs to an underground lake. The stairs are steep and narrow and but it is not required that you go down. I had no problem doing it.

Here are some pictures from the caves: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/twelve_v_man/album?.dir=/63c9re2&.src=ph&.tok=phvUyVFBlGGDCjur

Is ther any swimming? Also any natural spring warer to drink?

They do not allow you to touch the water in the underground lake for fear that it would destroy the limestone. There wasn't any natural spring water to drink, but they did pass out rum punch at the end of the tour :D .

This tour looks interesting and your photos are great! For those of us not familiar with this excursion, where are the Green Grotto Caves in Jamaica? Can you take the tour from both MoBay and Ocho Rios? Thanks for anymore info ~

This tour looks interesting and your photos are great! For those of us not familiar with this excursion, where are the Green Grotto Caves in Jamaica? Can you take the tour from both MoBay and Ocho Rios? Thanks for anymore info ~

Thanks!!!:) I took the tour from Ochas Rios through NCL. It was the caves then Dunns River then they dropped you off at the shopping center. I am not sure about the Princess excursions.

Archived