You know you have the Cruise bug bad when...

...You get jumpy whenever someone walks into your office because you are on the Cruise Critic message boards instead of working...

...You act out your upcoming cruise in your head to pass the time and count down the weeks until your "real" cruise...

...You are dreaming of possible future cruises before you've even taken your currently scheduled one...

...You are looking forward to sea legs (the rocking that you feel [b]after[/b] the cruise over) as a lingering reminder of your great vacation...

.....when the obsession becomes so bad that you start to worry about yourself.

.....when people speak to you and all you hear is 'blah blah blah blah' and you interrupt them to say something about cruising.

.....when the food at your house sucks, the view out the windows upsets you because it is land, and you cry when you walk into your bedroom at night because there is no towel animal.

.....when you are hungry every 20 to 30 minutes and are looking for something to eat and a foo-foo to go along with it.

...when you haven't even been on your first cruise and you can think of nothing else

...when your wife has stopped calling you by name and only refers to you as "The Cruise Nazi" (maybe I plan a bit much?)

...when you spend several hours one night looking for a countdown clock that runs on your desktop so you can [I]always[/I] know how much longer you have to wait

...when you've memorized the deck arrangements of the ship you will be sailing, just so you won't have to look lost

...when the other people in your group call you just to ask how many days until the cruise

...when you are packed and ready to go 53 days before-hand

...when you've started practicing what little high-school Spanish you remember, on the off chance that it may be needed at one of the Ports of Call

...when everyone you work with knows every port you will be visiting and just what you will be doing there, because it's all you talk about

and finally... when you get rid of your king-size bed, opting for two twins that can be pushed together every night, just to make the bedroom more like a cabin (okay, this I haven't done yet, but it's an idea :) )

[quote name='mtd716']...You get jumpy whenever someone walks into your office because you are on the Cruise Critic message boards instead of working...

:D OMG!! That's me...all the time. I never look at boards at home.

When your daughter asks to go to the beach,you live only about 100 miles from the coast and you suggest looking foe a quick cruise to Cozumel as an answer??? Qualify?

...when you help your sister-in-law's sister plan for a cruise that she's only dreaming of taking because you want her to experience the fun you had.
....when you have to go to cruise critic at least once (sometimes more) a day to see what new cruises are being offered.
......when you check the message boards here to see if anyone is on your cruise even though no one has said they are for the past few months.

-- When a friend is having difficulties filling a prescription for a family member in Iran and you suggest a cruise to Mexico where a prescription is not needed. (I just made this suggestion this morning.)

-- When you resent work interuppting your time spent surfing on cruise critic.com.

-- When you get up for work at 4:15am and one of your first thoughts is to check for any new posts on cruise critic.

-- When you are bugging various TA's looking for competitive prices on a cruise that is not until 01/2006.

-- When you can't stand the thought that you do not have a future cruise booked yet even though you just took two cruises in the past month.

...When you go to a local beach so you can "practice" sunning for when you get to the Caribbean.

...When you go to a local beach and all you think about is how much more fun the beach will be in (insert cruise beach destination of choice)

When you are sooooo totally involved with the next cruise that you booked three weeks ago, you have to be reminded that 'we' haven't even taken the one in September, YET!. :eek:

When you have worn out the cut and paste on the internet explorer from saving all the information you can find about cruises. :o

[B]Dannzzigg[/B], for someone that is only going on their first, you really are
obsessed![QUOTE]when your wife has stopped calling you by name and only refers to you as "The Cruise Nazi" (maybe I plan a bit much?)[/QUOTE]
.......there is such a thing as too much planing?? :eek:

... When you wake up in bed on top of all the scattered Cruise Reviews you've read for the 12th time.

... When your kids say, "We know, Mom, we know, already!"

... When you know your reservation number by heart.

... When your staff kids you about your cruise countdown clock for "days remaining" until you go! I guess they are happy I am leaving too! Uh-oh!

:D

When it's the last day of your cruise and you're trying to figure out how you can hide and stay on board, thinking you can shower in the spa, eat from the buffets and sleep in the lounges or the life boats...would you be caught doing this? Hmmm...:rolleyes:

When after 16 cruises - you have 5 more on deposit ! 13 day for this year - montreal to FLL Oct. 31.

2005-7 day on Carnival Glory in Feb. ;- 6 day QM2 - connecting to QE11 for 12 days - connecting to Grand Princess 14 days all starting in Oct.

When you don't have a cruise booked and are jealous at everybody who does.

When you read everyone elses reviews and pretend they are your own.

When you have a change jar set up for use for cruise funds only.

When you can't get off of the cruise critic site!!!!!!!!

Happy Cruising!
Seeker

...when shopping for clothes - you only select items that you know you can wear on your next cruise - or it's just not worth buying.
...when you BIL and SIL call you "JULIE the Cruise Director"
...when people at work refer to you as "The Cruise Queen

Archived