Zenith, enough deck chairs ?

bryanjaync

Are there adquate number of deck chairs on the Zenith ? Not necessarily around the pool, but on the deck above, aft, and other areas. My 70ish parents are going on the 10 day Panama cruise, and I hate the idea of them tussling with chair hogs. (My parents probably sit out for an hour at most).

We sailed Zenith in July this year and never had a problem getting a deck chair on the deck above the pool. It is sunny and no covering however. I saw people throw 10 towels on 10 chairs by the pool and then go to the elevators for breakfast or whatever and this was at 7:30 AM!!! Definitely a problem as it is on most ships.

Just got off Zenith today from Bermuda. This chair "reserving" is rude and selfish and has caused prickly confrontations several times personally with other guests and also witnessed. Some self-servers had the gall to place books and towels on chairs the night before! I agree with the poster who said security should take control of this situation. We never had a lounge chair the entire cruise.

I just got off the Zenith today. Chair situation was pretty bad when at sea. If you want shade (and most people at 70 do), it's tough to find somethig. Problem is, how long can someone leave a book and a towel on a chair and have to lose it? Too bad there can't be a real rule.

the Zenith is not the greatest ship for space around the pool...but as you asked there is lots around the next deck up. Shade for an hour somewhere will not likely be an issue except at noon when the sun is directly overhead...so plan on lunch somewhere cool.

NOw there are ways to deal with those folks that "Never" show up but staying in your comfort zone is import to enjoying a cruise and I should think your folks at 70 don't need to be concerned with any of that.

Personally I enjoy a little jump in the atmosphere when dealing with fools.

Just keep your eye on certain chairs. If you are at the pool and no one shows up for 2 hours just put their towels in the dirty bin and replace with your towels. I love being at the pool on sea days and I don;t appreciate chair hogs!

Archived