Anyone skip shore excursions and stay on the ship.

JAMESCC

Most of them enjoy not have to rush around taking care of thousands of passengers and helping only dozens. The only time we heard any thing to the contrary was at Labadee. The pool staff could not believe we were not getting of the ship. They actually seemed insulted that we stayed on board!
I was afraid of that and kind of expected it.

James,

We are on

Grandeur of the Seas - 2446 Pax, 750 Crew Baltimore to New Orleans

and on 30-Nov for our day at Cozumel, Mexico 10:00 AM 7:00 PM Docked we are

Also with Ecstasy – 2617 Pax, 920 Crew

Also with Fantasy – 2628 Pax, 920 Crew

Also with Queen Mary 2 – 2620 Pax, 1253 Crew

Also with Norwegian Dawn – 2224 Pax, 1126 Crew

Also with Grand Princess – 2600 Pax, 1200 Crew

Also with Legend Of The Seas – 2076 Pax, 720 Crew

Also with Navigator Of The Seas – 3835 Pax, 1185 Crew

That's over 21,00 cruise ship passengers PLUS any crew PLUS the folks that get there via air and I think we'll spend the day on the ship!! Can you imagine trying to get a taxi back to the ship??

Where can I go to get the information on which ships will be in our ports? We are on the Brilliance on 12/1/06 and would love to know who else will be at the ports. Happy Cruising!

I stay onboard all the time. I'm not a big fan of excursions, seems a lot of people get stressed and beat each other up about being the first off the ship, then get back onboard and have to rush about getting ready for dinner or shows. It's too easy to just relax, wait until everyone is gone and either relax by the pool, or go ashore for a little local shopping or a beer in a pier side bar, then saunter back aboard and enjoy a nearly empty ship.

I'm curious if anyone here skips going off the ship to the shore excursions and just stays on the ship. Its just a curious question because I thought about in Ocho Rios because I just did not dig that island if I ever went back to the island I would just hang on the ship. Is everything on the ship open just like any other day at sea? Theres probably no lines for anything too right with most people off the ship. I think I may try that on my next cruise.

We've been to Nassau soooo many times...between cruises and have stayed at Atlantis twice...so on most recent cruise cared nothing about getting off the boat at this port...so we stayed onboard. Hung out by the pool most of the day and it was sooooo nice bec/it was peaceful and quite. We had our drinks and chilled by the pool w/out all the riff raff. So yea, there's times we never go onto an island we've been to a lot.

One of our best cruise days was when we stayed on board in Cozumel in February of 2004. We'd spent a week there the previous August, so we had no desire to get off and visit again. It was a great day - temp in the 80's - perfect for sunning. We had the pool and the pool deck essentially to ourselves. We positioned our deck chairs so that we could watch the crowd on the beach at Senor Frogs and 1/2 which meant that we also had a "floor show"!

I am currently planning on skipping Ocho Rios and staying on board Freedom. Its such a big ship that with 4 port days, I will miss several things it has to offer. I am hoping that everyone else decides to explore the island though so I can have the ship to myself;)

with a few friends that are also somewhere onboard.

Solarium is all ours to swim laps or just stand with water falling on us. Food served, all ours! Then walk out to the pools & the hot tub is all ours, now this is the life.

Then to Johnny Rockets & only 4 folks there with us. It was only 11AM!

Then a few laps of the jog track, fast walking that is and watching the sea was we walked. Even did the kiddie park & waterslide on Jewel, but who was watching. Fed gulls onion rings that I had a bag of to take with me to snack on & I was very popular on top deck. Then mini golf and how good we are with a parked ship. All ours, no one to wait for.

Then to shower, relax on our AFT CORNER balcony watching the turn, so gracefully, the great wake that is so mesmerizing. Then to dinner, with a stop for a cocktail at the Concierge Lounge & so packed we could leave with the drinks. Then back after dinner, the big bunch all left, so we could sit & enjoy the high view of the sea.

Boy, now I know how Jay Lo or Angelina feel when they have to lease out an entire resort/ship to enjoy it.

Archived