Bayonne

cruisintwinsmom

Sorry my geographic knowledge is not very good. Need some help with logistics. If Celebrity is going to be sailing out of Bayonne, where does one fly into and how difficult is it to get to the port? Also, how convenient and expensive is it to stay in NJ if one flies in the one night precruise.

Thank you in advance for your help with this matter.

i agree with my retired esteemed colleague....newark is your best bet but if you get a sweet deal you can fly into jfk or lga as well. cab to bayonne would be roughly $50 so deal has to be sweet

Fly into Newark definately; also there is a high end hotel in Jersey City down by the water; not sure exactly what it is maybe Hyatt or Hilton but check into it; you will be 5 minutes to port ...tops

Unforunately SWA does not fly into the any of the major airports in the NY area. They do fly into Iselip. which is in the middle of Long Island, but too far from the New York pier area or the bayonne area to be viable. Best bet for Bayonne is definitely Newark Liberty Airport around 20 minutes away.

EWR - is the Newark fly in Airport.

Your 15 minutes from the pier.

Most all of it on the highway.

I think it's a Hilton in Jersey City on the water front.

There are some shops and eating place within walking distance.

The Water Taxi stop is just to the South of the Hotel.

You are right across from Downtown N.Y.C.

You could taxi across in the AM - walk around a bit and then come back a if they have take the light rail to the pier.

You should check with http://www.njtransit.com/sf_lightrail.shtmh

to get the correct information.

There is a Marriott right on the Airport Grounds. The Hilton, Sheraton and Holiday Inn are on Routes 1&9 which lead to the airport - across the street.

One takes the NJ Turnpike from exit 14 to Bayonne Exit (14 something) a short ride.

the jersey city hotel is the hyatt. the mrs and i were guest there for 3 days. it was fabulous. great views of the city. comfortable lounge and excellent resturant. the number is 201-469-1234. it is on the nj side of the holand tunnel which means you can be in nyc in minutes. weekend rate is reasonable (i think i paid $90) week days are $250+ for same room. let me know how you make out

Celebrity is not going to be using Bayonne (at least for this year) I have been in contact with them since there were rumors that Connie was being moved there. It is not true. Only RCC will be docked there for awhile.

Archived