Anyone JUST back from Infinity to Alaska

West Coast Couple

Hi,

We just back and can honestly say we had a great time. There was no sign of any sickness, I didn't hear of anyone being ill. There were no engine problems (but I hear that a sailing has been cancelled in September and Infinity is going into drydock). The previous cruise was slightly late coming back in, so a little chaotic at the cruise terminal.

This was our sixth cruise but first on Celebrity (previously RCI and P&O). I thought the ship was clean, our cabin was great (8185). The only negative thing was a slight sewery smell that lasted a couple of days here and there at the beginning.

I will do a review when I get chance, but this isn't likely for a couple of weeks.

Regards,

Bev

We just returned on 8/13 from sailing on the Infinity. It was our first time sailing on Celebrity. Everything went well and we had a great time. We had interconnecting oceanview staterooms (2171 & 2175) for ourselves and our 2 kids. My husband (Junglejim) posted a review which hasn't appeared yet. The previous cruise apparently had engine problems and arrived a little late on 8/6, but that didn't have much effect on us. The increased airport security measures also went into effect while we were on board, but we had no problems with disembarking or flying home from Vancouver to Phoenix. There was a last minute rearranging of the itinerary. They switched the days for Sitka and Ketchikan, which was slightly inconvenient because we arrived at both ports later in the day than originally planned, and that delayed the shore excursions. But all in all we had a great time and would cruise with Celebrity again. Watch for the Junglejim review.

Caribbean Princess - E. Caribbean - June 2005

HAL Ryndam - Alaska - August 1996

Hi,

We just back and can honestly say we had a great time. There was no sign of any sickness, I didn't hear of anyone being ill. There were no engine problems (but I hear that a sailing has been cancelled in September and Infinity is going into drydock). The previous cruise was slightly late coming back in, so a little chaotic at the cruise terminal.

This was our sixth cruise but first on Celebrity (previously RCI and P&O). I thought the ship was clean, our cabin was great (8185). The only negative thing was a slight sewery smell that lasted a couple of days here and there at the beginning.

I will do a review when I get chance, but this isn't likely for a couple of weeks.

Regards,

Bev

I was on the July 23-30 sailing, and when I saw this, I noticed the sewery smell also. It wasn't constant, but when we were going to our cabin, (deck 6) we could smell it a couple of times. Other than that, it was fantastic, and something I would highly recommend. I would love to go again, and see some other ports.

The Hubbard Glacier was a highlight for us too, and I was astonished at some peoples reaction to it. We stayed watching it for the whole 2 hours, and others took a look, turned, and left. I couldn't believe it. It was as though they looked, and then wanted to find a cheesy gift shop to buy a plastic glacier key chain. The VAST majority were as awestruck as we were. A once in a lifetime experience.

Archived