How long for Travel Docs? We leave in 13 days!

hawaiincruiser

Hi-

We leave on the 28th for the POH.:)

I have yet to recieve my travel docs or a notification they have been mailed from the company I used. Should I be concerned. We are suppose to recieve paper docs via Fed ex.:(

The online company (cruise 411) is not one I have used before and so far the service has been very bad. I did call and get my flight info last week because I needed to get seating arranged before there were none left.

They gave me the flight. info after calling Norweigian to get it.

Thanks so much for the help!

We leave Sept. 4 and recieved docs last Friday. They came directly from NCL because I booked with one of the vacation planners there.

I would guess the docs are in the hands of your agency and they just haven't sent them out to you yet.

I spoke with my PVP before mine came and she told me they had been mailed on Monday prior. It took all week for them to come from Fla. to Ohio.

I spoke with them today, and they assure me that the docs will be here within 10 days of date of sail:(:eek: -

Hopefully they will mail them today beacuse we leave on the 28th!

And for the record I do not recommend cruise 411. They have been very difficult to get ahold of and my travel agent NEVER calls or emails me back. Once they were paid they no longer wanted to help me. It has been a bad experience.

I have used another online Travel company with GREAT results! I should have never tried a different one.

Oh well we will be in HAWAII in 2 weeks:D (assuming I get my docs:eek: )

Based on postings over the past few weeks, you can travel fine without your travel docs. You can do the online registration at ncl.com and you are all set.

Some people get them via email, but their spam filtering system sticks them in the spam folder or deletes it. Or they use that XXXX system that people like Earthlink have where users have to verify who they are before any mail is accepted. Stupid.

Hi-

I did pre register 4 weeks ago with NCL.com. Everything is in thier system so that is good to know thanks.

Also since I called and got my flight info I can also use easycheckin at United.com and print my boarding passes 24 hrs before my flight.

It is amazing how much you can utilize the internet these days. It makes everything so much easier. I can not imagine life without it :eek:

I have also received the Edocs on previous cruises and I don't mind them that way either.

I was actually surprised that cruise 411 mails out paper docs I thought mose companines use Edocs instead to save money.

We leave on 9/02 to sail on the PofAm and havent received any documents either. I contacted my travel agent (crucon) and they said they have been ordered and we will receive them in a couple of days. Crucon has been extremely helpful and responsive to all of my requests. No, I am not affiliated with them in anyway.

Have a great time!

Hi-

I have yet to recieve my travel docs or a notification they have been mailed from the company I used. Should I be concerned. We are suppose to recieve paper docs via Fed ex.:(

The online company (cruise 411) is not one I have used before and so far the service has been very bad. I did call and get my flight info last week because I needed to get seating arranged before there were none left.

You should have them by now. When you called for the flight info, they should have checked on the document status (with NCL) and let you know when to expect them. Call them (cruise 411) tomorrow and tell them to do this for you. NCL will be able to tell them when, where and how they were sent. If there was an error in address or something like that, they can be resent.

Hi-

You probably should have them by now. We are on the same cruise and we got our docs directly from NCL last Thursday.--I was also waiting anxiously. We booked months ago and made final payment in early June and we did not have a guarantee cabin (triple). For some weird reason, my husband and daughter were ticketed for air through NCL but I was not until I called. In fact I was able to call the airlines (at NCL's suggestion) and get us seats together even though I did not have a ticket! I did have a reservation and the airline wanted to know "why I hadn't paid yet?" We booked the air through NCL. I made a few more phone calls--much time on hold--and NCL straightened it out. I am now ticketed for air also. NCL said that they hadn't "gotten to me yet." \

Do you have any teens coming along? I've posted a few times on the roll call to look for shipmates for our 16 year old daughter but no bites. We actually won't be on the ship much at all--up and out at every port! Can't wait.

We are leaving Saturday to go on Dawn - I received our docs at least three weeks ago .... I would be nervous if I didn't have docs by 13 days out... I would definitely call Norwegian directly to find out when they were sent out and where they are. I know internet registration is important and I have done that too, but I really like having that hard copy in my hand when I get to the pier. Just peace of mind for me. Enjoy your cruise!

Don't worry about them , they will arrive in a few days time . We're sailing on the 27th and ours only arrived yesterday. I was getting ready to call NCL and demand them , but there was no need !

I think the documents come directly from NCL, don't they? Maybe you should call and make sure everything is okay.
Docs should come from the agency, not NCL. I just mailed 2 sets to clients the other day: 1 leaving on Oct 7th and one on Oct 16th. Should the OP be concerned? probably not as docs really aren't as important as they used to be. As long as the cruiser registers on line and prints out a copy there really isn't much to worry about. Would I be a little upset? If I just booked a couple of weeks ago, no; if I booked a few months ago, general principle I wouldn't be too happy. What does the agency say? If air in involved it does take longer. NMnita

I am not that happy either. Leave Sept 15 on the Jewel and still do not have any idea what day we fly out on, what airline, what itinerary, what time, and of course no return info either. TA said NCL told him to call back yesterday or today. Still nothing. As for other NCL documents I like to know my airline to ship transfers are in hand, as well as my ship to hotel transfer after cruise, and my hotel vouchers. Have nothing. In fact I have not even got so much as a brochure, catalog, or anything from NCL since booking weeks ago. If it were not for the internet I would not know anything about the cruise, ship, excursions, etc.

I am not that happy either. Leave Sept 15 on the Jewel and still do not have any idea what day we fly out on, what airline, what itinerary, what time, and of course no return info either. TA said NCL told him to call back yesterday or today. Still nothing. As for other NCL documents I like to know my airline to ship transfers are in hand, as well as my ship to hotel transfer after cruise, and my hotel vouchers. Have nothing. In fact I have not even got so much as a brochure, catalog, or anything from NCL since booking weeks ago. If it were not for the internet I would not know anything about the cruise, ship, excursions, etc.

It sounds like you booked through NCL and air is included. Because of the air being included you can't expect to hear more than 4 weeks in advance. You know it would be nice if agents or the cruise lines explain these things to their clients. You are still a month out, as anxious as you are, you have nothing to be concerned about. Someone 13 days out, that's a different story. NMnita

This is the earliest we ever have received our DOCS; We sail POH on October 16th and the DOCS came in the mail today.....We did book directly with NCL. The DOCS included ticket, luggage tags with cabin number printed on them (We selected our cabin), confirmation of the shore excursions that we pre-booked and the usual booklet on cruise info and a booket on excursions.. Sometimes even NCL will surprise you.:) :)

Well now we leave in 12 days and still nothing..........:mad: :(

Oh Well at least I know that I can print everything I need to baord the plane and the ship.

We booked and paid in full for this cruise on July 6th. I just think it is horrible buisness practice on cruise411's part to make us wait this long. They could have at least sent them out as soon as I got ahold of them yesterday but still nothing!

Like I said I will NEVER do buisness with them again. I will stick with cruise.com they are very easy to get ahold of and do eveything right.

Well now we leave in 12 days and still nothing..........:mad: :(

Oh Well at least I know that I can print everything I need to baord the plane and the ship.

We booked and paid in full for this cruise on July 6th. I just think it is horrible buisness practice on cruise411's part to make us wait this long. They could have at least sent them out as soon as I got ahold of them yesterday but still nothing!

Like I said I will NEVER do buisness with them again. I will stick with cruise.com they are very easy to get ahold of and do eveything right.

The real question is whether they received the docs from NCL and when. They can't send you something they don't have . However, if they did have the docs they should have turned them around immediately. They should have been looking for them before now, though. If I were sending late docs to someone, they would be sent priority, client notified and package tracked to be sure it was received. Good luck and have a wonderful trip and let us know when you receive them.

This is the earliest we ever have received our DOCS; We sail POH on October 16th and the DOCS came in the mail today.....We did book directly with NCL. The DOCS included ticket, luggage tags with cabin number printed on them (We selected our cabin), confirmation of the shore excursions that we pre-booked and the usual booklet on cruise info and a booket on excursions.. Sometimes even NCL will surprise you.:) :)
Regardless of what some thing about NCL and customer service, I have always found they send docs almost as soon as final payment has been made. Like I said, I have received and sent off this week docs for clients not even sailing til Oct. Of course things can fall through the hole no matter what, but I would guess, someone is sitting on them. NMNita

Archived