HELP!How obstructed is view is Cat. 11 Suites on Sensation?

Kaylas Mom

I have cabin V34 on hold. Having never sailed on Carival before, it never crossed my min that the view from a balcony could be obstructed but I am told that they are (by life boats). Can anyone tell me about these category 11 suites? How bad is the obstruction? Are some worse than others (I have a choice between V23, V25 and V34) I am waitlisted for an upgrade to a penthouse suite which will solve the problem, but there will have to be a cancellation as that category (cat 12) is sold out for my sailing.

Better yet, does anyone have a photo of the view/balcony?

Finally, is there a general feeling whether port or starboard is better on this short cruise to Nassau?

Thanks a million!!!

Go to this link, provided by Curt Jerome Wild, and you can see a few pictures of the obtructed view on the opposite side of the ship.

http://community.webshots.com/album/468634643DTaAdm

You can also go to this thread started by Mr. Wild to help answer questions like yours.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=298868

Hope these help. Have a good cruise.

p

Thanks so much for directing them to my info Mr. P!

In the meantime, I'd take V23 over V34, only for one minor reason...

The doors to the inside cabins on this deck are on the port (even numbered) side, so a little more traffic (although anywhere on this deck has so few people).

The odd numbers (starboard side) has no doors across from you.

CJW

PS Also, let them know that you'll move forward in cabins, if they open up.

Although V1 and V2 have stairs near those balconies, so actually the obstructed views are a little more private.

Just wanted to give credit where it was due and also to make sure the OP had access to your research and trove of knowledge. It made the difference for me when making a cabin selection for my anniversary cruise this year.

p

Thanks very much for your help. I've asked to be moved to a better Cat. 11 OR to a Cat. 12 if either becomes availble. Thanks for the tip on the port vs. starboard, too. I was thinking mostly about the view, not the insides. Can anyone tell me about the view while you are docked in Nassau?

Thanks!

Archived