Best cabins on Deck 11 of Jewel?

browniegirl

Has anybody had some good experiences/thoughts on Deck 11 of Jewel in AF/AG? I heard yesterday that the aft is the best....here's hoping it's still available but I doubt it...will try though. Anywhere else good that someone has stayed in? Thanks!!!!

Leah

Hi, thanks! I am so happy, my TA managed to get us one of the AFT AF minisuites on Deck 11, suite 11154, yahoo, and our kids in an inside across the hall. Now if I can only hope the AG guarantee my grandparents are getting, that they will end up reasonably close!!!

Leah

Hi all, somebody else was asking about these cabins on Deck 11 of Jewel so I thought I'd bring this post forward for them to read, the advice I received was fantastic, we are booked in 11154/11156. I do have another question though for you who have stayed at the aft of this ship, what is the noise like above? I have probably asked this before.....sorry!!!!!!

Leah

This is all subjective. Noise that bothers me, may not bother you and vice versa. Realistically, you can expect some level of noise when you have public areas above you. But what do I know? I don't have a screen name that indicates that I love to cruise and perhaps I don't have enough "expertise" to voice my opinion. :0)

Enjoy your aft cabin, I'm sure it will be great!

I do not want to be contradictory to Shoreguy who is so knowledgeable but the aft cabins were available for the 20 and 27 med on the Jewel well at least two on deck 11 because with the extension of mama to the outside and lunch and breakfast ther noise does exist.

We were advised NOT to move to it last week but stay forward and juding form what here on board made the right decision!!

Thanks everybody! It is nice to get some cabin #'s for future reference!!! It is especially nice when people have stayed in those cabins and have first hand experience! Thanks again! I do not mind some noise but constant noise is an issue. We were in an inside cabin on the Sun 2 years ago down on the 5th deck I believe and it was awfully noisy, kept me up all night every night, drove me insane.... not even sure what it was!!! My DH and boys were in the next cabin and couldn't hear it.....my luck... tee hee.... I am determined to avoid that this time!

Leah

Leah

I do not want to be contradictory to Shoreguy who is so knowledgeable but the aft cabins were available for the 20 and 27 med on the Jewel well at least two on deck 11 because with the extension of mama to the outside and lunch and breakfast ther noise does exist.

We were advised NOT to move to it last week but stay forward and juding form what here on board made the right decision!!

I'm confused if you are taking about the aft port facing AF/AGs I understand the Mama issue since like 11630 - 11639 are under the overhang.

If you look at the deck plans the facing cabins are perhaps 60 feet from the back of Mama's. As posted they are under the Great Outdoors and breakfast and lunch is served from the buffet that is not above the cabins.

No bands, no parties at night, no kitchen crew cleaning and or cooking overhead. One other point if you can hear people talking above over the sound of the wake I need to borrow your ears :D :)

I spoke with 3 couples who were in those cabins on the transatlantic. I was in an AE aft. No complaints of any noise. All those that have posted here in the last year had no issues with noise.

If you passed on one of a few special cabins because of potential noise in my view a mistake. Somebody will enjoy that cabin. No matter what cabin your are in I am sure you will have a great time in the Med.

1264940447_Aftwake2.jpg.f6f9975f6e5363673c098ae108f2f39c.jpg

We were in 11150 AFT Mini-Suite just a few weeks ago. Absolutely no noise. And, the layout of this Mini-Suite is fantastic and not standard to the other Mini-Suites. The difference being is that the bed and couch are flip flopped from the standard. What this creates is a large "living area" and better yet, you don't have to squeeze through the end of the bed and wall to get to the living area. Then, where the bed is creates about 2 feet plus some between the end of the bed and wall. Another difference to note is there is no curtain to divide the bed from the living area but this was no big deal for us. We would book this room again without a second thought.

Thanks Shoreguy. I am talking about the AF's at the AFT. (as well as the AG) Sorry for the confusion I actually meant the Great Outdoors in respect of the AFT cabins.

We were offered 11154 for the 27/8 on 13/8 and I suppose we were worried Why is it free?

I of course accept that I have not been in them and therefore can not speak from personal experience. A future cruise I may give it a try. However a lot of the younger generation have been gatheing in the great outdoors late at night and I wonder if this causes noise below? Seems from other posts not.

I accept what you are saying and I can tell you with the vast numbers of kids running up and down the corridors on deck 11 I think all the cabins are getting a little noisey.

But as we spend so little time in the cabin we do not care fantastic cruise and fantastic staff I can not fault it in any way.

Thanks for your helpful comments:)

Thanks Shoreguy.

But as we spend so little time in the cabin we do not care fantastic cruise and fantastic staff I can not fault it in any way.

Thanks for your helpful comments:)

The biggest risk in my mind is the neighbors:D

Nothing worse then the all night fighting couple

I had the "hacker" sat out all night on the adjoining balcony coughing up a lung :eek:

The party hardy crew with the boom box :rolleyes:

I have had them all but never took a cruise I did not like. Have a great cruise.

The neighbours, how true..... at least our neighbours yappy dog isn't coming on the cruise:D ....I'll have a week away from him....wahoo! Now, as long as my grandparents behave and are quiet....I better keep them reined in...tee hee.... I know my Grandpa snores....but I doubt you can hear that in neighbouring cabins!! Oh well, I have my own snorer...my DH...giggle....;) How can we not enjoy a cruise with such a lovely view, just the fact that we were originally booked down on the 5th deck, moved up the 8th in an oceanview and now on the 11th with a balcony....:D what more can I say!!! Thank god my kids are in an inside cabin across the hall....I have these horrific pictures in my mind of my sons hanging one of their sisters over the edge saying "....what did you call me???"......:eek:

Hope everyone is having a lovely summer day, not many to go here!

Leah

Leah

On our Jewel cruise last Mar we were in 11150 AFT and LOVED it! No noise at all from above. Very quiet because not much foot traffic back there so you don't get the late-night loud talkers heading back to their cabins, or the kids running around knocking on doors. Plus, the view could not be more perfect. Looks just like those posted by Shoreguy. Pure bliss. Once you experience it, you'll want it again. My Mar 07 B2B cruises on the Pearl are also AFT mini suites. :D

We're booked in 11012 & 11014 adjoining AB/AF that are under the library but right by the elevators...has anyone been in the cabins up by the front elevators and was there any noise problem from them?

Also, looking at the floorplan and the ship pictures I think these are the 1st cabins on the front of the ship that do not have the closed in balcony - we really want the open balcony...

I'm still not sure why they didn't put any AB's on the back/aft of the ship or front with larger balconys - the placement of these great cabins in the mid front of the ship is not up to par with the actual cabins...

We're booked in 11012 & 11014 adjoining AB/AF that are under the library but right by the elevators...has anyone been in the cabins up by the front elevators and was there any noise problem from them?

Also, looking at the floorplan and the ship pictures I think these are the 1st cabins on the front of the ship that do not have the closed in balcony - we really want the open balcony...

I'm still not sure why they didn't put any AB's on the back/aft of the ship or front with larger balconys - the placement of these great cabins in the mid front of the ship is not up to par with the actual cabins...

All the ABs and AFs have open balconies. The closed area you see is ship's officers housing.

They put them on the side because they are all about the inside space. What a waste of valuable aft space for a bathroom window. This way they can sell aft and forward penthouses and still have a very desirable penthouse that is not aft or forward facing. :)

On our Jewel cruise last Mar we were in 11150 AFT and LOVED it! No noise at all from above. Very quiet because not much foot traffic back there so you don't get the late-night loud talkers heading back to their cabins' date=' or the kids running around knocking on doors. Plus, the view could not be more perfect. Looks just like those posted by Shoreguy. Pure bliss. Once you experience it, you'll want it again. My Mar 07 B2B cruises on the Pearl are also AFT mini suites. :D[/quote']

Well, hey Stillfloatin - I guess we need to start the 11150 Club. Did you enjoy the layout of this cabin as much as we did?

Well, hey Stillfloatin - I guess we need to start the 11150 Club. Did you enjoy the layout of this cabin as much as we did?

We thought it was fantastic. Also, loved the beds so close to the balcony so we could leave the slider open and fall asleep to the sound of the sea.

Did anyone else other than BMWMan have an issue with kids running up and down the halls? I understand these suites are sold as "family friendly" but come on, shrieking running children is not my idea of a vacation. If you have a problem with this does NCL have security you can call? Or I guess you could follow them and tell their parents and hope they would reign them in....