Ncl Sun - Repositioning

larryvel

I've noticed a mistake on either the itinerary or the shore excursion for this sailing. The itinerary states that the ship will be in San Francisco from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The shore excursion page on the website states that the only excursion is at 4:30 p.m. for 3 1/2 hours in San Francisco. How is this possible. I've tried NCL reservations, customer relations, help desk and no one seems to have an answer. Do any of you out there know the answer? Are we there until noon or midnight. Thanks.

I've noticed a mistake on either the itinerary or the shore excursion for this sailing. The itinerary states that the ship will be in San Francisco from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The shore excursion page on the website states that the only excursion is at 4:30 p.m. for 3 1/2 hours in San Francisco. How is this possible. I've tried NCL reservations, customer relations, help desk and no one seems to have an answer. Do any of you out there know the answer? Are we there until noon or midnight. Thanks.

:D Hi,

Midnite !!

Happy sailings

CG

;)

Oh I HOPE you guys are right!! However, at best I'm afraid we still just have conflicting information. On the hopeful side, as larryvel said, the shorex order form for our sailing does indeed show a San Fran tour starting at 4:30 PM ....:D

http://164.109.173.140/shorex/downloads/orderforms06/pac_sun_0924.pdf

And this "official" government TIME website only confuses the issue....:confused:

http://tf.nist.gov/general/misc.htm#Anchor-57026

But page 18 of this NCL doc showing military time clearly lists the Sun departing SF at 1200 (not 2400) hours....:(

http://164.109.173.40/agents/downloads/prod_manuals/NCL_Alaska_06_07.pdf

I'm trying to think positive though....if it's noon, sailing under the GG bridge will be pretty amazing! But if it's MIDNIGHT, we'll have an amazing day AND evening in The City!!

Check you time again. The "m" in am and pm is short for meridiem, the middle of the day. P stands for Post, after, A stands for Ante, before.

Therefore 12 pm is midnight, 12 am is noon.

Except the convention is usually the opposite, presuamably on the basis that the hour after 12 noon (1201 to 1259 in 24-hour clock) is all after the middle of the day and therefore pm, and the hour after 12 midnight (0001 to 0059) is before the middle of the day and therefore am.

Wait... thats the same here.

AHHHH I'm so confused!

12:00 when it's bright out is PM

12:00 when its night out is AM

It's the same everywhere(but to stir the pot a bit) ..well except when 1200 a.m is 2400 and 12 p.m is 1200 hours LOL

I'm 99.9% sure it goes this way:

Midnight = 12am or 0000

The minute before midnight would be 11:59pm or 2359

The minute after midnight would be 12:01am or 0001

Noon = 12 pm or 1200

The minute before noon would be 11:59am or 1159

The minute after noon would be 12:01 pm or 1201

Yes, there were actually a COUPLE of pretty definitive "midnites" at the very beginning of the thread. However, the tide seems to have turned since then. So it looks like we should have at LEAST 5 wonderful hours in San Francisco!

BTW, I'm not sure how many of you besides larryvel are actually on our sailing, but please come on over and check in at our ROLL CALL....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=338163

Archived