Texaribbean cruise why the 1 hr stop...

CruisingToads

in Playa del Carmen? I did try the search function to look this up on these boards and I would search and it would drop me off at a blank screen, so if anyone has any information it would be much appreciated.

Many of us are wondering the same thing.. I read here somewhere you get off there only if you have an excursion there. I am expecting my docs any day now and hope they will clear up the confusion..

Wow, thanks for the quick response. We are trying to find a cruise for next Feb to go with the whole family. Its between the Texarribean or the Western on the Sun out of New Orleans. So I cant wait to hear your review! I do have to admit that we toyed with the idea of doing a western on Princess because it ports in Roatan....but we just loved Norwegian and we really want to cruise them again.

My understanding is so that the passengers who have excursions on mainland Mexico can disembark in Playa del Carmen. For instance, the Tulum excursion we took from Cozumel required a ferry ride both to and from Cozumel. By dropping you off in Playa del Carmen, it eliminates one of the ferry trips.

By the way, we really like Playa del Carmen when we were there in January, 2004. I think if I was doing this cruise, and didn't have any specific plans in Cozumel other than going to the beach, I'd be tempted to get off in PdC and spend part of the time there. There was a nice little shopping area and the vendors, at least when we were there, didn't seem quite as pushy as the ones in Cozumel.

If you're interested in doing this Texaribbean itinerary, it sounds like next winter may be your last chance :( . NCL doesn't have any ships scheduled out of Houston after spring, 2007, as the Dream is moving to the South Caribbean route currently being sailed by the Crown. On the other hand, we've been on the Sun, and she's a wonderful ship. Following the spring 2007 season, she'll be moving to Hawaii to replace the Wind. Makes it kind of hard to make a decision!

Archived