storing suitcases in a D1

We stayed in a D1 on Navigator and there was plenty of room for three people, but not a ton to spare. We each had three large suitcases, though. They will fit under the beds, and the room also has a good bit of closet space and drawers. I guess you could use your balcony if you really needed it ;) , lol.

We've never had a problem getting our luggage to fit under the bed. If you do, simply ask your room steward to store them for you. :) They will be returned to you at the end of the cruise when it is time to pack.:(

Just a heads up...there is a "downside" to the new bedding. :) The cabin steward stores the decorative pillows and coverlets under the beds in a plastic bag. They take up a surprising amount of room under there. While four large suitcases would have been easy to stash under the beds in the past, it will be a challenge on ships with the new bedding.

You can probably fit one large and one carry-on size under each bed, though.

T

Thanks for all the great replies!!

I feel better about packing now. I will try to pack using luggage "sets", so we can store one inside the other.

As for the new bedding....if I am lucky enough to have my room done in time for my sailing, I will count myself lucky and sleep with my luggage!! LOL

Archived