Have you ever been butled?

Jana

First Butler years ago,, 1999,, Rubin on the Century.. he is now on the Mercury as a Asst HK.

His wife was the room steward.

Then Ephram a few times on the Galaxy. (ok)

Patrick once on the Gallaxy (very good)

Challs twice (excellent)

Mark on the Millie (excellent)

Alex on the Millie (very good)

You are all the best. Thanks so much! I could have (and had planned it that way) written a journalistic "what you get for the money" piece on "butling," but this just adds so much texture to my article! It's going to be totally different now [boss, are you looking?] and I look forward to writing it.

Just goes to show you... Cruise Critic members are full of ship!

Jana

• 1 month later...

Last year on Century we had a Century suite and our butler Cliff was great. Every morning we had breakfast in the room which always came on time, cliff would bring a large table and lay it out, I found out toward the end of the cruise that even though celebrity did not have pineapple juice for breakfast Cliff would squeeze pineapples for my juice EVERY morning. I thought this was beyond duty. He also noticed what fruits we liked etc. This Decemebr we are on a TA Galaxy in a RS, lets hope the service is as good.

We just had Cliff on the Century - He was the best ever for us - Ha! he was the 1st butler we ever had.

On the first day he met with us and asked questions about what we liked, fruit, sandwiches, pastries, breakfast, ice bucket etc.

Then he asked what else could he do for us. We had planned to have a small party and he just took over and planned it out. He supplied everything we would need and did a fantastic job with presentation of the food/appetizers.

He took care of our laundry, we had lots since I had been traveling for 2 wks prior to cruise. Made sure DH's rented Tux fit (due to weight of suitcases - we opted to rent rather than use space for own tux)

When we returned after our tours, he had sandwiches waiting for us. He always was in hall when we returned and asked if I wanted Tea or Coffee. How nice when you are tired to have someone just hand you a cup of tea and a treat to eat. Every night he delivered appetizers before dinner.

The best was the phone call each morning "Wake up" I am right outside your door with breakfast - Yes the best.

The best thing was our dinner on the balcony in Villefranche - we returned late 7pm from our tour and we were hungry, tired, etc. We called Cliff and asked about dinner. He was there immediately with the dinning room menu, we ordered and he set up the table on the balcony - linen, china, etc.

He delivered the food set up in courses, we asked him just to leave it and we would serve ourselves. In about an hour he came back and cleared it all away. We felt that saved our lives as I do not think we could have made it to the dinning room or even Islands cafe as we were that tired.

Cliff was great and I hope someday to be on a cruise with him again.

BTY- He and the other butler were covering extra cabins as the 3rd butler for our side of the ship missed his flight and did not show up. So each had 13 to cover.

Archived