Labadee...where to go???

ts548

Hello...I have not been to Labadee in years...and from recent photo's it looks like alot has changed. Where is the best place to head when we get off the tender to enjoy the beach with some shade?? Not too crowded...and not too far away from the action?? Your help is appreciated!! We leave 1 week from today!! Woo-Hoo!!

I agree, Hideaway Beach was very uncrowded and had the best views of the ship and of Haiti. Also, if you have kids, do the water park. I am 17 and still had a good time on all those things! :p

Derek

I too am sailing in one week aboard the Explorer -YIPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEE! We also would like a shady area & Hideaway sounds great. Does anyone know if the waterslide & jet ski areas are nearby? It's been years since I've been to Labadee & they didn't even have that stuff then!

Sandi

The waterslide and jetski areas are on the total opposite side from Hideaway beach.

All of the beaches on Labadee have some sort of shade...be it from trees or big grass shade structures. Hideaway beach had very limited bar service...a guy with a cooler of sodas, some beers, and the frozen Labadoozie. Stick to the beaches near the tender area if you want something other than those. :)

T

I totally agree with everything that's been said about Hideaway. Just keep in mind that the shady areas there are limited to a few manmade thatched umbrella - hut type things that go very quickly. There is more tree shade in the center of the peninsula on the way to Dragon's Rock/ Hideaway. Also, Hideaway is a fairly small beach and it can get crowded as the day wears on. Lots of crew seem to end up here. Still my favorite place on Labadee.

The only thing you don't have to pay for on Laba are the chairs (though tipping is nice), the lunch food and drinks they serve at lunch. All other drinks and most all other activities have fees attached. Check the shore excursions section at rccl.com.

Archived