Air France luggage limits

lindy2

Does anyone have recent experience with Air France?

Do they weigh carry on bags? Our check in luggage is about 1-2 inches too big in total area. Is this a problem? We are flying Detroit to Paris then to Venice. On the return its Rome to Paris then Detroit. Are there different requirements for the intra-Europe flights?

Thanks for any help.

I just flew Air France last month from Philadelphia to Venice (and then Athens to PHL), and they did not weigh my carryon bags, but they did weigh my checked luggage. They didn't measure it. This was for both ways.

On a side note, I hope you have a decent layover in Paris. that airport is a nightmare. I had a 75 minute layover, and it was not even close to enough. I had to beg two different people to let me cut ahead in the security line. Yes, you will have to go through security again at CDG....and make the rediculously complicated connection to antoher terminal.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately we only have 70 min. on the outbound flight. There is another flight to Venice later in the day. The return is a real nightmare with only 40 min. Air France has already said they would put us on the NW flight 2 hours later that is nonstop to DTW. We got such a good price on the flight, we decided to take the chance. Sounds like we are in for an adventure!

A group of us are flying in Oct Boston to Paris to Barcelona.

What was the flight like? Was the plane full? Did you find the seat cramped? Any inf on the flight itself would be appreciated. There are several traveling with us who have not flown that far before this.

Thanks,

Nancy

Hi Nancy,

We flew on Air France this past May from Boston to CDG and then on to Barcelona.

Are you taking the 5:30 flight out of Logan?

I found the leg room great on this flight. The individual TV's were a plus. There was only 2 of us and I liked having the 2 seats on the side. The flight was full on both legs.

I hope you have good connection times between CDG & Barcelona. We had 1 1/2 hours but our flight was late leaving Logan so connection time was 45 minutes and really quite a rush. Do your homework - know terminals coming into and going out of. We came in on terminal E and out on F. You will be bused most likely if you are coming in on E and then you have to make your way to F. The busing takes some of your precious time to make a connection.

Good Luck.

Hi Pat,

Thank you for the information on Air France. We are taking the exact flight to Barcelona from Boston(5:30PM)

I will pass on your comments to our other travel friends. My husband and I also have 2 seats by ourselves.

I hope all the issues with what you can carry on to the plane are resolved before we depart in early Oct.

Were you on Celebrity?

Nancy

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have any information about flying from Paris with AirFrance? Can you still take the standard 2 carry-ons... and what are the limits on checked baggage?

Don't know where you got the info on 2 carryons....just the one, plus the "personal item".

If you want the rules, why not check the airline directly through their website. Go to THIS PAGE of the AirFrance website for the complete baggage rules.

Are you connecting in Paris or stopping over in Paris? This will determine your luggage allowance - I am assuming just a connection. In this case, the transatlantic limits will apply for all segments of your itinerary. It would be chaos if you had one limit for the TATL and then had a completely different set of rules for the onward connection.

No, unfortunately, this is not a connection. I am aware of connection rules, but we are extending our holiday so this isn't part of our original travel itinerary. We are loaded with luggage because of the cruise we are going to take after this 5 day Paris holiday that starts in Barcelona. After looking on here, I read through our confirmation (mostly in French) and it states only 1 suitcase. I am wondering if they will use our Delta medallion status since they are a partner. That is all that is going to help us at this point. Oh well... it is what it is... It isn't like this vacation isn't already costing us a small fortune... what's another $50?

Archived