Reimbursement for hotel and air after July 9-16 Infinity sailing

overlake7

We were on the July 9-16 Alaska sailing of Infinity and had numerous problems i.e. noro virus and pod problems. We were given instruccions on how to recieve reimbursement for extra charges incurred because of our late return to Vancouver. My question is , has anyone else had a refund coming to them from Celebrity and how long did it take?

The fact that you had the noro virus and pod problems would go hand in hand, I had the noro virus and I spent days of the pod, it was not a good time, but I digress!

I was on a diverted cruise a couple of years ago, we were promised some kind of refund, we did get a $200 per person certificate for a future cruise, we didn't receive it until about 4 months later, we did use it, but I know most people aren't fortunate to use it, I hope you get your money, but don't count your eggs before they turn into chickens!

I too was on your cruise and had various problems including having Norwalk. I have written to Celebrity in the UK, as we booked through the UK, and also to our travel agent in the UK. So far we have had acknowledgements from both and they said that they will write again. The TA letter said that it is likely to be 5-6 weeks before we hear more so only 2 weeks gone so far!!

I have put several posts on here if you want to read more - just search under Welshlady. Otherwise you can email me at jjones147@hotmail.com if you want more detail. It's nice to know that there are others who are fed up with the standard of customer service from Celebrity too!

Archived