Dilemma!! which cat 11 to choose?

sheilb4

This is driving me nuts! I usually get a wrap around but none available on sailing I have to go on.

Booked 5264 next to aft wrap, but am reading that this has a smaller balcony than the cat 11 mid ships like 6160 that may have larger balconies....pls can anyone help me on this. A larger balcony is most important, tho I know nothing will match wraps, but next largest???

Pls help me out! Thanks.

Please help. Do both these cat 11 cabins have the same size balcony? 5264 is next to the aft corner wraps, adn 6160 is mid ship. I am hearing different things regarding size comparison of both even thoo they are both cat 11. Anyone been in either, pls let me know your input. Thanks.

for the same amount of money i would take 6160. the balcony on the aft is about the same size widthwide but more narrow- the balcony midship is more bigger.

besides the 6160 is centrally located-where the aft one you got a lot of walking to get anywhere

Gosh, thanks so much for your input I have been worrying like crazy, since I already booked 5264.

On the deck plans, 5264 does look like a larger balcony than the same cabin on other decks....

Anyone got pics of 6160? Thanks.

I dont know why you think that aft side is bigger then the others on the top of it-

I understand the balcony is important to you-- but i think you are stressing way to much about your choice.

Why did you book that particular cabin to begin with?

Hey guys, go easy on me....I'm kinda stressing because I travel alone and its a lot of $$ if I end up with a cabin and small balcony, when I ususally spend a lot of time out there.

Being used to a wrap I want to happy with the next best....so seek advise from you all that have other experiences.

I booked 5264 as my pvp told me it had a larger balcony of all the other cat 11, other than the wraparound, but I decided to research more, and look what I find out from all of you.....So glad I did.

I don't understand what all the fuss is about. First you have a huge cat 11 suite, and a balcony. If you need such a huge balcony because you use it a lot, then why not just book a hotel by the ocean? It sounds to me that someone is a bit spoiled. Come on down and join us in the inside cabins. Wait, that won't work, we are never there because were are on deck having fun, because thats what a cruise is for. Noone goes to stay in their room all week, balcony or not. Come out of your room and join us for some fun, and enjoy life a bit. Single and staying cooped up in a room even a Cat 11 suite, doesn't sound too fun to me.

Wow, pretty harsh comments.

Like you, I am sure, you work your butt off and save hard, so researching options and preferences, in order to make the right decision for you, and know you are spending wisely etc, is what this board is for, asking questions to other cruisers to help make decisions.. we all have our own preferences right.

I have had enormous help from this board the past 2 years or so...

BTW, I always have fun, do not sit cooped up in my cabin, but do enjoy chillin' and peace on my own balcony.....thank you.

I agree those are some unwarranted comments.

If I was spending the money for a suite -- or any cabin for that matter -- I would want to make sure that I was getting the best cabin possible.

That's what these boards are for.

FYI, if it means me going or not, I'll take an inside cabin, but if I can take a balcony, I'll do it -- they are especially good for 7 day + cruises since you have several at sea days where you can relax on the balcony.

sheilb4 - Glad to be of help. I was a bit disappointed when I found out that our aft, side balcony had one of the smallest balconies of all the cat. 11 suites but could hardly complain since it was a free upgrade. We were given that cabin when there was a price drop for our cat. 8 balcony after final payment. My TA got us the free upgrade. I'm sure that's why we got that cabin. Carnival was probably saving the ones with bigger balconies for the people who paid for it. It was wonderful just to have the extra space since we had four in the cabin.

i would book a midship one-- and call carnival every day to see if one one of the wraps open up- remember do not take the one on deck 5 as its not a true suite.

I would call carnival to see if one of them are available anyways. one may be on hold but not deposited yet.. this is how i get mine.

Also is your date to cruise set in stone--you might want to consider switching weeks.

I understand completely about your choice of balcony. We were on the Pride last year with the aft Cat 11 balcony. It was huge! This year we were on the Destiny in a Cat 11 with balcony. What a big difference. I enjoy spending mornings and evenings on the balcony and it was especially nice with the extra space we had on the Pride. Good Luck in finding what you are looking for.

Thanks everyone for your support and great input, I sure appreciate it. I am going to take your advise and change to mid ship cat 11 I think, doesn't sound like the 5264 next to aft wrap is for me. Thanks again.

Now I was just wondering-- if they are telling you the wrap around is not available because you want to book it as a single.

I do know that certain cabins-- 6232 is for 4 people and on certain sailings they will not book this cabin for only 2 people and will tell a couple that its not available.

How about looking into the cat 11 wrap around for two people- if its available book it and cancel the 2nd person the day before final payment.

If a cabin is designated for double occupancy (2 in a cabin), they will allow a single in that cabin since they will be paying double occupancy.

When "Maximum Occupancy Restrictions" are put on a sailing, they will not allow cabins for 3 or 4 to be filled short of capacity. They usually enforce occupancy guidelines when the ship is filling up quickly. It is also a way for Carnival to maximize profits by having Triple and Quad rooms have 3 and 4 people paying to stay in them.

I was in cabin 6160 when we were on the Miracle and I enjoyed it immensely. The only comparison that I have for balcony size was the Glory's category 11 midship location that was noticeably smaller.

The other nice thing about cabin 6160 was it was on the port side of the ship that did not have a corridor of inside cabins on that side of the ship which made it quieter. The midship location was great!

No matter the cabin - I'm sure you will have a great time! :D

I don't understand what all the fuss is about. First you have a huge cat 11 suite, and a balcony. If you need such a huge balcony because you use it a lot, then why not just book a hotel by the ocean? It sounds to me that someone is a bit spoiled. Come on down and join us in the inside cabins. Wait, that won't work, we are never there because were are on deck having fun, because thats what a cruise is for. Noone goes to stay in their room all week, balcony or not. Come out of your room and join us for some fun, and enjoy life a bit. Single and staying cooped up in a room even a Cat 11 suite, doesn't sound too fun to me.

Whoa....do I sense a little envy here? These remarks are totally uncalled for, in my opinion. And also I always laugh, as I'm sure others do, while reading the statements about never spending time in the cabin---isn't it interesting that these comments usually come from those with inside cabins? I can relate to that, totally, because the one (and only) time I had an inside cabin I had major claustrophibia and my cabin mates had to drag me to bed at night because it was like going to a tomb. I was NEVER in the tomb except to sleep.

What do we do now? We ALWAYS have a balcony, and prefer a suite. We spend a LOT of time both in our cabin and on the balcony, staring at the ocean, reading, relaxing, and being away from people for the majority of the day. In both of our jobs, we spend the day being nice to people, most strangers. We need to destress. We join in the fun in the evening.

Everyone has their own personal idea of the perfect vacation. Some want to pay the least and eat the most at every opportunity. Others want to pay the most and enjoy the amenities of that. That is why cruising can be the perfect vacation for everybody.

Let's all remember: to each his own! (And to the original poster: the wrap may open up...we were lucky and got 4237 on the Legend after waiting a few weeks!)

Judy

Hah! my exact sentiments, thats exactly what I thought too, abiut that posting....glad you agree. Thanks for your "support".

I just read that deck 5 side cabin is not a true suite from Serene...wonder what that means. I called Carnival and even got the exact specs for each cabin size, and according to them the mid ship cat 11 and the side next to wrap, are both exactly same measurements, in cabin and balcony size....now I am confused again with my choice....aargh.

Maybe someone else has some input?

Here's the deal...

I don't care what CCL says; the balcony on a midship deck 6 cat 11 is larger than the non wrap-around cat 11 on deck 5. Balconies are only 4 feet deep in that area opposed to 6 feet deep midship. I can tell you from personal experience that the cabin descriptions CCL gives are not always 100% accurate.

As far as the "not a true suite" comment is concerned, I think she was refering to the wrap-arounds.

The wrap-arounds on decks 4, 6, 7, and 8 have two separate rooms, while the wrap-around on deck 5 only has one room.

Yeah, I look for the cheapest room that I can get, and Carnival insides are by no means small enough to be classified as a tomb. I agree with the statement about to each their own, but I'm getting ready to board my 6th and 7th cruise this year. I'll take that over a cat 11 anytime.

I was referring the the wrap around cat 11 on deck 5- you pay the cat 11 price but there is no way this cabin should be sold as a suite. The balcony is wrapped around like the others but the cabin should be sold as a cat 9A

Hey guys, go easy on me....I'm kinda stressing because I travel alone and its a lot of $$ if I end up with a cabin and small balcony, when I ususally spend a lot of time out there.

Being used to a wrap I want to happy with the next best....so seek advise from you all that have other experiences.

I booked 5264 as my pvp told me it had a larger balcony of all the other cat 11, other than the wraparound, but I decided to research more, and look what I find out from all of you.....So glad I did.

No matter how big the balcony is, there is still only one power outlet in the cabin.

Archived