Kaaawa - Does anyone know what this area is like

woodley

We drove through the area this past June. Not much "happening" there, you could definitely relax and take it easy. The beach looked nice. Here is a link with a photo of the beach. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaaawa,_Hawaii

Seems like a nice location for touring all of the North Shore. Sorry I have no info on any restaurants in the area. The only place we stopped on the north shore was for a shave ice at Aoki's in the town of Haleiwa. (YUMM! Loved the Ice cream and sweet Azuki beans at the bottom of the cup!!)

Please ... (wincing) ... I can't advise people more to avoid the Crouching Lion. If you look up "tourist trap" in the dictionary, it's listed there. Popular among tour groups, it's not uncommon to find around 2-3 tour buses piled up in the parking lot. The food used to be really mediocre and has gone downhill from what I've heard. The problem, of course, is that there aren't all that many alternatives besides holes in the wall.

Kaaawa itself is gorgeous. BTW, despite the 3 "a"s in the name, it's actually pronounced "Ka-ah-va". Just so you know. :)

Spleen

I am glad you gave me the correct pronounciation of Kaaawa I had it completly wrong. I hope we don't get lost and have to ask for directions, nobody would have a clue as to where we were wanting to go.

Archived