Crown express disembarkation

jennbill

Has anyone done this? What time were you off the ship?

We're trying to decide whether this is for us or not. Want as much time in Manhattan as possible. Car service or taxi to midtown? Don't want to tell a car to meet us at 8 and not be off until 10.

We did express disembarkation and maybe we misunderstood the directions, but we thought we still had to remain on board until our color was called, which ended up being a couple of hours. The only time saving was in finding our luggage in the terminal on the pier. But it was also nice not having to pack up our luggage the night before or tote our jammies out in our carry-ons, so we would choose this option again.

Don't know how they did it on the Disney Wonder but I was in my room until 9AM when my cabin steward said- ok its time for you to get off the ship. There were 2400 people on board and we disembarked with no problem- just walked right off, got our luggage and were in the car by 9:15. They don't disembark by color- everyone is free to leave once customs is cleared and there was no mass exodus. Wonder why this can't be acheived at all ports.

My partner and I were on the Crown 7/29 sailing - we were off the ship by 8 am....and we were very glad we chose "express" because friends of ours on board didn't get off for a good 3 hours later. I suggest that if you are going to take advantage of express, that you submit your form as soon as you receive it. The express luggage tags that you will receive are numbered, and they call you by your number....we submitted early and our tags were numbered "2".

Mark

We were on the July 2 Crown sailing. We did express walk off. The only problem we had was with the elevators. We were on Aloha and had quite a time getting on an elevator. I would suggest that you get yourselves and your luggage down early so you don't run into that problem. Other than that, it was great.

Archived