What Time Should We Arrive at NY Pier

stebar

My husband and I are cruising Sept1/06 on the Legend leaving from New York. I have heard conflicting reports as to what is the best time to arrive for embarkation. Can anyone help us?

Thanks,

Barb

At other ports, we usually arrive a couple of hours before the official boarding time listed on the documents. We do this knowing full well that there is no guarantee that boarding will begin earlier than noted on the documents.

We have never sailed out of New York and personally, I would be paranoid beyond description with the traffic congestion in New York.

We are hoping to do the Canada cruise from there one day, so I will be interested in the answers you get from folks who have had experience with the traffic congestion etc.

Have a wonderful cruise.

We arrived around 11:30 for our sailing and were aboard by 12:30. We didn't disembark until around 10:30, so I wouldn't plan on arriving much earlier. The cabins aren't ready until around 1:30, but the Lido lunch buffet is available.

LHP- We're sailing Victory in 11 days (second time!) and will let you know how embarcation goes. Last time we used a similar timing for arrival, but were earlier disembarking.

My husband and I are cruising Sept1/06 on the Legend leaving from New York. I have heard conflicting reports as to what is the best time to arrive for embarkation. Can anyone help us?

Thanks,

Barb

My cruises always left at 5 pm out of New York. I arrived 5 hours before each of them and went straight on the ship and had lunch. You can catch an early swim or jacuzzi as well. My cabin was always ready by 2 pm. Enjoy the extra time and food. Have fun on your cruise, and beware of those rude smokers!

Archived