No Piano Player

WizQuincy

The last three sailings have not had a Piano player in the Piano bar, I ask my fellow CC people to help out and shoot an email or better yet call them. I did email them and they said to call so let's see if we can do something here together.

I leave this sat the 26th. on the Glory and would love to have one aboard...

Thanks, Mark

1-(800)-227-6482 to reach Carnival

That's a shame because I know a wonderful (talented and funny) piano guy from Ft Walton Beach Florida that has played on Carnival before and I feel certain would do so again. Land gigs are getting harder and harder to find because once someone gets it...they do not let it go. My cousin has played at the Omni Royal Orleans since Moby Dick was a tadpole. With a shortage of land gigs, Carnival should have no problem staffing the piano bar.

Can't comment because I must not have been on your cruises. I've enjoyed sitting and listening to the pianists in every piano bar on each of my Carnival cruises. (Didn't see one on RCCL in June.)

Apparently, there are staffing problems in the piano bar on Victory as well. For about a month, I've been reading posts that the "piano player" in the Irish Sea bar can't sing and play the piano at the same time :(. He is playing the guitar instead . This ship's home port during the summer is NYC. There must be at least one piano man available in NYC? I sent off an e-mail, but don't hold out much hope. Oh, well . . . a guitar sing-a-long bar is better than nothing. I may not sing very well, but I make up for it with great enthusiasm:p.

Honestly, in our experience, you're not missing much. We went into the piano bar for like a half an hour one night the beginning of the week, and were not impressed. There wasn't hardly any seating, and the piano player catered only to the dozen people surounding the piano. We didn't go back the whole week.

Maybe an issue is the smoke??? Seriously, the piano bar on any ship we've sailed is second to the cigar bar as far as smoke is concerned. I would love nothing better to sit around the piano one evening and sing along, but the smoke absolutely kills me...... All bars & restaurants are non-smoking in RI, so maybe I'm spoiled. But I'm sure it can't be too easy to sing every night in a smoke-filled room.

Maybe an issue is the smoke??? Seriously, the piano bar on any ship we've sailed is second to the cigar bar as far as smoke is concerned. I would love nothing better to sit around the piano one evening and sing along, but the smoke absolutely kills me...... All bars & restaurants are non-smoking in RI, so maybe I'm spoiled. But I'm sure it can't be too easy to sing every night in a smoke-filled room.

Many of the entertainers smoke also, so this is not a problem. For those entertainers who do not smoke, they have the option of putting no smoking signs around the piano itself (the room is still a designated smoking area) and some have also used fans. So I don't believe that smoking is the reason.

6 - 8 month contracts (away from home) is probably the biggest problem to overcome.

I hope they do find good piano bar players for these vacancies. We've been lucky with great piano bar entertainment (sing alongs) on 3 of our 4 cruises. As long as there is a great piano bar player, we can do without the shows and everything else. I certainly hope that don't give up on the piano bar on Carnival.

It must be the salary. If Carnival doesn't make it attractive enough then good entertainers will go elsewhere. Piano players are abundant. Carnival should have no trouble finding decent men/women to fill these positions.:)

Archived