Questions Cruise out of New York???

NJLVW

Does anyone know how the oceans are out of New York around the 3rd week of Jan? I am considering 07 cruise on the Spirit Jan 23rd. Just not sure on New York deptarture. Any thoughts? Please help want to make decision soon.

Jan 25th it could be a little cold in NYC ;) Go for it nothing better then boarding in NYC in winter and being transported to the warm southern waters in comfort instead of spending days in airports. I have cruised out of NYC every Feb and will again next Feb.

dawn125.jpg.bb117f1237a803eada891a517bd70ad6.jpg

Does anyone know how the oceans are out of New York around the 3rd week of Jan? I am considering 07 cruise on the Spirit Jan 23rd. Just not sure on New York deptarture. Any thoughts? Please help want to make decision soon.

The will be wet and cold. By the time you are 24 hours out you will pass Cape Hatterous and the water and the weather will warm up.

Thanx for the quick responses and pics. I do appreciate it. It is so hard to make decisions when all I know is cruising out of Miami & San Juan. I do suppose a cruise from anywhere is still a cruise..

You have to balance the aggravation of flying south to the possibility of having some heavy weather out of and/or into NYC. We went on the QM2 last January. Coming back we hit some wind and snow outside NYC. DW will never again go on a mid-winter cruise from NYC. And that was on the QM2, not the Spirit. QM2 is a far more capable vessel than any cruise ship going out of NYC. You pays your money, you takes your chances.

Archived