Good Clean Place to get a tatoo????

sanditoes4

I will be coming to KW in Jan.

I have never had a tatoo, but thought it would be a fun way to mark my first girl's only cruise!!! I don't know what I want or what I should be spending that is why I am wondering if there is a good place to go to???

Any help and/or thoughts are welcome!!!

I always go to Paradise Tattoo & Body Piercing.

It is located before the entrance of K.W. in Stock Island.

Very nice and really clean. They have a large selection.

Address is 5160 US 1 . Hope that helps ya !!

jmkw local Key Wester

JMKW: Thank you and you're from KW, that makes it much better to know I can trust them to some extent!! Thank you!!!!!:D

lszu: Good tip....I didn't know that!!! I do suppose salt water on an open "wound" would be painful!! As would chlorine!! I don't do much swimming, though I was going to snorkel in Coz.....think-think-think!!! Thanks for that tid-bit though!!! That will help make some choices for me!!

Yeah!!!! Thank you both for the quick replies and the helpful info!!!

It's not so much that it hurts. I think it's more about the salt and the chlorine damaging the tat. You can still shower with it, then you put ointment on it, but I remember them telling me no salt water (and I think chlorinated, too) for a few days.

Of course, I got my last one more than 10 years ago. Perhaps there has been some kind of ink technology breakthrough or something...

I suppose the salt and/or chlorine c/would chemically react with the ink.....but as you said they may have a breakthrough ink now??? :D I still have to keep up the guts to do it when I get there....if time is of the power than I will go right away in the morning and grab an appointment, go do my things I want to do and then go pain myself!!??? hopefully it will work out like that??

Yes Kathy.....crazy me!!! Just think you get to listen to me whine of pain afterwords!!:eek: you could of course drownd my pain(booze-booze)....I can handle that, your support will be much appreciated!!!;)

Thanks all, notes taken,

Prices start at $50 and go up depending on the size and complexity of the tat. A simple ankle piece should run about $75-100. Remember to tip the artist and don't show up drunk. If they even think you're under the influence of anything they won't work on you. They don't want you waking up the next day wondering what the hell happend !!! It's also best to make an appt. It costs $50 for an appt and that $ is applied to the cost. It beats waiting 2 hours for an available slot. Weekends are busier than week days.

Sanditoes4 - I had one more thought to pass along. For your first tattoo you should get it where it won't show when you're dressed for work. Believe me when I say that employers still judge you by your appearance. An ankle might not be the best choice. Go for the small of your back-costs $150 and looks cute above your bathing suit and jeans.

WeBeGone: Thanks for all the tips....prices about what I was thinking, so I am good there....making an appointment is the way I'll go I think....that way I can't chicken out!!! I don't dress up for work.....for instance today I have on socks, tennis shoes, jean capris and a cotton t-shirt.....I have seen tatoos on others here in the office so I don't think this company cares much...but I get what you mean!! :D I knew the more complex they got the more they costed so I am thinking VERY simple design....my SIL is an artist and I will have her draw something up on paper before I leave, that should also save some time!!! If I remember right, I will be in KW on a Friday????

Thanks for all the thoughts though...I need all the help I can get on this one!!:D

Archived