Depart Tortola 1 pm. Latest time to board ...

Cruising4

The brochure says we arrive in Tortola at 8:00 and depart at 1:00. What time can we expect to be off the ship and what is the lastest time we can be back?

The brochure also says for security reasons, we need to be on board 1 hour prior to departure, but that really does not leave much time on shore ...

Thank you!

The brochure says we arrive in Tortola at 8:00 and depart at 1:00. What time can we expect to be off the ship and what is the lastest time we can be back?

The brochure also says for security reasons, we need to be on board 1 hour prior to departure, but that really does not leave much time on shore ...

Thank you!

Hmmmmm you depart at 1p.m. and the brochure says you need to be onboard 1 hour prior to dpearture, I'd say 12 noon is a good guess. Although when we were there they said 1/2 hour before departure as all aboard.

I do know that whether you are docked or tendering makes a big difference on how soon you can get off ship. We tendered once and docked once, when we docked we were off right away. tendering was sluggish, although we went to Virgin Gorda baths and our excursion boat took us right from the ship--very nice

We tendered once and docked once, when we docked we were off right away. tendering was sluggish, although we went to Virgin Gorda baths and our excursion boat took us right from the ship--very nice

I second the Virgin Gorda tour. With the limited time the most you can get from the stop. Loaded the ferry right from the ship and if the return is a little late the ship will wait.

Normally everyone must be onboard no later then 30 minutes before sailing. To do that you should plan to be back at the pier as suggested 1 hour prior.

Having just recently returned from Tortola, I'd say do one of the ship's Virgin Gorda tours. Otherwise, you can see just about everything of interest in 1/2 hr to 1 hour!:D Not much shopping (it was a holiday while we were there - a 2 1/2 week holiday! only one of 32 yearly holidays!), small straw market with Chinese junk, not very scenic either.

I must agree to do the Virgin Goda tour. There isn't much to see on this poor island (at least not when I was there several years ago) I felt very bad taking my children at the time to see how poor the islanders lived. Little houses the size of sheds, and their animals were so thin, you could see the bone lines through the fur. This was the only place I have ever traveled to that I would never go back. I guess it depends though, because I recently talked to someone who stayed on the Island for a week and loved the seclusion of it on the opposite side as the ships go. Different strokes for different folks.......:)

We have taken the Virgin Gorda tour and it's really quite beautiful but not much time at the beach, .. includes a ferry to a open 'taxi' (quite bumpy) then must walk down to the beach and back up afterwards... be prepared.

The last time we took an excursion to Cane Garden Bay Beach with a tour (open taxi) which was very scenic but narrow/windy roads!

On our 10 day cruise we just walked around town and shopped since it was the last island of 5 and we were pretty much 'beached and toured' out. Not much there as others have said. But the best part was when we returned to the ship early, it was very empty and could enjoy the hot tub and get 'prime' chairs on deck.

I must agree to do the Virgin Goda tour. There isn't much to see on this poor island (at least not when I was there several years ago) I felt very bad taking my children at the time to see how poor the islanders lived. Little houses the size of sheds, and their animals were so thin, you could see the bone lines through the fur. This was the only place I have ever traveled to that I would never go back. I guess it depends though, because I recently talked to someone who stayed on the Island for a week and loved the seclusion of it on the opposite side as the ships go. Different strokes for different folks.......:)

I don't know if this island is so poor anymore. Everywhere, we saw some very nice cars and SUVs, never saw a single junker. Main business is off shore banking, like Grand Cayman. Different life style on an island like this, and I'd agree, I don't care to go back.

Archived