Mariner Question

mchrist

We are getting ready for our 9/3 Mariner Eastern cruise (a WHODUNIT mystery cruise) and had a question.

Can anyone give any info on the Cocacay tender (how long does the actual trip take, how big is the tender, does it have a bathroom ect). We are traving with my in-laws (they are older) who are not big fans of the "little boats". Any info would be great.

THANKS IN ADVANCE !!

We are getting ready for our 9/3 Mariner Eastern cruise (a WHODUNIT mystery cruise) and had a question.

Can anyone give any info on the Cocacay tender (how long does the actual trip take, how big is the tender, does it have a bathroom ect). We are traving with my in-laws (they are older) who are not big fans of the "little boats". Any info would be great.

THANKS IN ADVANCE !!

Mike & Sandy,

The tenders take about 15 minutes to get from the ship to Coco Cay and holds between 200-300 people. There are no bathrooms on the tender but there are restrooms on Coco Cay. Have a great time the Mariner is our favorite ship:D ! Later, Jill:cool:

jillybabes -

Thanks so much for the info, this is what we were looking for.

We are glad to hear you liked the Mariner so much (we have heard great things from a lot of people). We sailed on the Grandeur earlier this year (family reunion cruise) and were a bit disappointed. Due to travel scheduales we had to keep the selection down to 5 days so we were forced to go with one of the older ships (this is when the Grandeur was sailing out of Tampa).

We are really looking forward to this cruise (plus this will be our first cruise with no kids :) ).

Thanks again for your help !!!

Another question. I have seen mention of 2 differant specialty resteruants, Chops and Portofino. Our both of these on the Mariner? I only see Portofino mentioned on the RCCL site. If they are both there what is the main differance?

THANKS !!!

Portofinos is an Italian restaurant,while Chops is a steak place............both are $20(unless they have upped the price,like some have said)...........

Not sure if you have seen these pics,someone posted........warning~~you'll get hungry just looking!

Parrothead8 -

Thanks so much for the info. No I had not seen the picture. Your right they do make me hungrey (should have looked at them after lunch :) ).

Thanks again for your help !!

THANKS IN ADVANCE !!

Mchrist,

You stated you are going on a WHODUNIT cruise. Was this advertised as a mystery cruise and if not, how did you find out that it was.

Cherrin

cbtravel1 -

We just kind of stumbled on it. We were actually trying to book a dinner at a local mystery dinner theater (we love them and have been to several) and they had a link to a mystery cruise. Turned out we could not make that cruise (plus it was not on RCCL), so we started doing some searches and found the WHODUNIT cruise. The 9/3 cruise worked for us, so we booked it (along with the in-laws). It will be are first mystery cruise, we are really looking forward to it.

Glad Parrothead8 got you the link.

Archived