Amtrak in Seattle / Taxi? Hotel? 10PM

After looking at these threads I have made the decision to take the Amtrak from Vancouver into Seattle to catch a flight back to PHX.

After arriving in Seattle at 10pm what would be some good suggestions?

Where to stay? How to get there, etc.?

Thanks for your help - planning for 2007.

You can easily catch a taxi from the train station, they're all lined up right outside when the trains come in.

What hotel depends on what you'll be doing in Seattle. Are you staying for a few days to do sightseeing, or just flying straight home the next day? If the latter, I'd recommend staying at one of the airport hotels (I've stayed at the Doubletree and it was fine) so you're close to the airport in the morning. You can usually get a good deal on these through Priceline. If you're staying in Seattle for a few days, pretty much any hotel in downtown will give you convenient access to all the sights. When David Beckham and the Real Madrid soccer team were here, they stayed at the brand new Madison Tower & Hotel, on the corner of 1st and Madison, so it must be nice. I personally have stayed at the W, the Sheraton, and the Westin and all are nice. Downtown hotels can be pricey, though, so if you still want to be close in but pay a little less, try one of the chain hotels near Seattle Center (i.e., Comfort Suites, Hampton Inn, etc.). They're all a short bus ride to downtown and within walking distance of the Space Needle and EMP.

You're welcome! Lots of good pretty good seafood places around--McCormick & Schmick is great, even if it's not a local chain. So is Anthony's (which is a local chain--try the one on Pier 66). I also like The Brooklyn, on 2nd. Elliot's is great for oysters but the rest of their seafood is just so-so. Great views, though!

Archived