Dock or Tender

patnjohn

There is only 1 pier open as of now. I know last week when we were there with a Princess ship, Carnival got to dock because the Princess ship was too big. I think the ships are taking turns, but the size of the ship comes in to play also.

You are correct - the pier that is currently being used to dock is the International Pier - aka TMM - If RCCL is in usually they dock there but if not sometimes Carnival has a ship there.

Punta Langosta pier is supposed to be open for docking very soon - actually was projected for a couple of weeks ago but they are still working on it. The President of Mexico is going to be here in late September for the re-inauguration so it should be operational by then!!

CozInsider Jacq

Another docking question - - - We'll be on Freedom of the Seas and on rccl's board and documents it says we will be docking Sept. 19th. Can anyone answer this?

It's hard for me to believe. I was there in March of 06 and it was nowhere ready.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Linda

Another docking question - - - We'll be on Freedom of the Seas and on rccl's board and documents it says we will be docking Sept. 19th. Can anyone answer this?

It's hard for me to believe. I was there in March of 06 and it was nowhere ready.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Linda

We were just there on Freedom, August 21, and we tendered. As a matter of fact, we preferred the tender. It dropped us off right in the heart of the shopping district. No cabs needed, just a nice leisurely stroll. Since we've done Cozumel before, we didn't do an excursion. I guess depending on the excursion you've signed up for, tendering may be more of a hassle. I don't think the dock will be ready by September 19.

Archived