sushi?

minnie75kids

Does the Majesty have any Sushi on board? I am a sushi addict and would love if there is any restaurant ( even if there is a cover charge that is ok ) that offers Sushi.

Also, I found a site that had some kids menus scanned. I see they have the normal things like burgers, chicken fingers, grilled cheese. But do kids have to order off this menu or can they get a regular entree if they prefer? My 10 year old loves cuisine and I'm sure would like to have some of the more grown up foods like fish which he loves.

Does the Majesty have any Sushi on board? I am a sushi addict and would love if there is any restaurant ( even if there is a cover charge that is ok ) that offers Sushi.

Also, I found a site that had some kids menus scanned. I see they have the normal things like burgers, chicken fingers, grilled cheese. But do kids have to order off this menu or can they get a regular entree if they prefer? My 10 year old loves cuisine and I'm sure would like to have some of the more grown up foods like fish which he loves.

It has been a few years since I cruised the MAJESTY but I don't remember any Sushi. Maybe someone else has more recent experience.

The Kids can order of either menu they choose, or off both.......their choice. The waiters will also bring out another option if they don't like what they originally ordered.

Yup, I just got back on the Majesty. Two days they have all you can eat sushi at Le Bistro for $10. pp.

....and your son can order from whichever menu he likes. They do not restrict him to the kids' menu.

Have fun!!!!

I too am a sushi addict, but just a word of caution about sushi on ANY ship. Keep in mind that you are on a ship and the food they load on at the dock of departure is the food that they serve for the WHOLE cruise. So, while sushi on a ship may be tasty on day 1 and day 2...by day 6, it is at least 6 days old and is not the same quality as it was on day 1.

In short, enjoy the sushi, but don't make it a major part of your cruise, because it won't be as good as sushi at a good Japanese place on land.

Hubby and I took our first cruise on the Majesty last November. He ate 2 dozen sushi at Le Bistro for $10 (a deal by any standards!) and then went topside and smoked his Cuban cigar! :eek:

I'm not sure whether they would have it on every cruise, but if you cruise the Majesty, I hope they do it on yours.

I ate Sushi on the NCL Sun - you buy it al la carte on that ship in the East Meets West Restaurant but I think the Majesty is too small for that alternate restaurant. It was very good - expecially the BBQ Eel - Umagi (spelling?) but it was all cooked - when I had it (free!) on the Carnival ships they said due to regulations - they could not have non cooked sushi - couldn't get and keep it fresh. SO not sure but probably the same on NCL.... Have a great time! Debbie

I too am a sushi addict, but just a word of caution about sushi on ANY ship. Keep in mind that you are on a ship and the food they load on at the dock of departure is the food that they serve for the WHOLE cruise. So, while sushi on a ship may be tasty on day 1 and day 2...by day 6, it is at least 6 days old and is not the same quality as it was on day 1.

In short, enjoy the sushi, but don't make it a major part of your cruise, because it won't be as good as sushi at a good Japanese place on land.

I lived in Vancouver for about 10 years and ate Sushi almost everyday! Just love it! I know Sushi and let me tell you, the only time I had Sushi on a ship, it was on the Dawn and the fish wasn't fresh at all. So when I saw they had Sushi on at the Bistro (Majesty) I passed... Good Luck and have FUN!:)

Archived