How long do you usually wait on hold for a RCCL customer service rep?

slplisa

40 minutes and counting!!! is this typical or is it just because i'm trying to have a future cruise certificate deducted and they want me to give up?

I waited 30+ minutes and was transferred 3 or 4 times a few weeks ago when I was actually returning RCI's phone call--and I explained to each person I got transferred to that I was returning a specific person's call and told them to whom I needed to speak, and I still waited that long. I finally got frustrated and gave up. RCI called a few days later a little aggravated because I hadn't called them back, so at least I got the opportunity to tell them it wasn't because I didn't try!

Now..having said that...when I originally booked the cruise, the wait was not bad at all..and the cruise planner I got was "Gus." He was the coolest!

I wonder if wait times are sometimes worse on specific days of the week and during certain times of the day? My bad wait day was a Friday. Just a thought.

I called RCI last month to set up a cruise. It was around 5 PM in the evening and only waited less than a minute before a cruise assistant came on line. This was on a Thursday I believe. So it might have been the day and time. The individual I spoke to was very pleasant and helpful. I asked if I had to call back did she have an extension to dial and she said they recently changed so new when you call you may get anyone to assist you. But I did get the impression that they will go back giving out extensions when the summer rush was over.

Archived