Partial or Full Transit?

wilsonzoo

Am considering a Panama Canal cruise in '07 but am torn as to whether to do the full transit (min. 14 days??) vs. a 10-day partial, which I guess just puts us into Gatun Lake and then turn around and go back. I'm not sure I'm keen on a 2 week cruise, but if the benefits of doing the full transit are there, I'd consider the extra 4 days.

Thoughts from experienced Canal-ers???

I have done the partial, a great cruise, but if you really want to see and experience the Panama Canal you should do the full.

I want to see the Panama Canal and go thru the locks once for the experience. We are sailing on the Celebrity, Summit, Feb.17.

If you have never sailed on the Celebrity M class ships I can highly recommend them!

Hope you have a wonderful cruise- good luck with your choice

Nadine

We are doing a full transit on Oceania in January ...I think you see a lot more ports (at least different ports ) on the full transit.

It is 16 days but you get sea day inbetween ports so you can rest up.

What ever you choose have a great trip.

I have been told by people who have done this to always to the full transit if you have the time. My wife and I plan on doing this with 2 other couples on the February 18th sailing of the Mercury out of San Diego. It last 14 days and ends in Ft. Lauderdale. It looks like the breakup of days is nice too with a sea day or two between ports.

You were interested in a shorter cruise. Check out the Regal Princess. This fall/winter, it is making 10 day cruises from Acapulco, MX to San Juan, PR and back. Full transit and nice port stops on both the Atlantic and Pacific sides. Also a good time to spend an extra day or two in Acapulco and San Juan.

Archived