Harbour Village Beach Club with Princess

Brig&Luc

The new tours just came up on the Princess website for Bonaire and this one is not there anymore :( for winter 2006-07. Instead they have a ''beach getaway'' which is $99 pp :eek: but they don't say which resort they will bring you too.

We had already decided to take the Harbour Village package Princess was offering last season for $79 and are now wondering if this ''beach getaway'' would be worth the $99 (this includes a BBQ lunch and fruit punch) not knowing where we'll end up. They do say that it is a ''resort'' with a nice white sand beach.:confused:

ps - last season they had this ''beach getaway' with a very similar description for $39 pp except it did not include lunch.

Any chance this ''tour'' could be at the Harbour Village ? Or do you know of other resorts this could be at.

Do you know if we can just go ourselves to the Harbour Village and buy a day pass of some sort ?

The new tours just came up on the Princess website for Bonaire and this one is not there anymore :( for winter 2006-07. Instead they have a ''beach getaway'' which is $99 pp :eek: but they don't say which resort they will bring you too.

We had already decided to take the Harbour Village package Princess was offering last season for $79 and are now wondering if this ''beach getaway'' would be worth the $99 (this includes a BBQ lunch and fruit punch) not knowing where we'll end up. They do say that it is a ''resort'' with a nice white sand beach.:confused:

ps - last season they had this ''beach getaway' with a very similar description for $39 pp except it did not include lunch.

Any chance this ''tour'' could be at the Harbour Village ? Or do you know of other resorts this could be at.

Do you know if we can just go ourselves to the Harbour Village and buy a day pass of some sort ?

I would hope you get more that BBQ and fruit punch for $99 :confused: ... Bonaire is not that large ... you can get info about the island here http://www.infobonaire.com/ also a good map of the island is here http://www.bonaireislandinfo.com/island_map.html. There are several resorts that do have nice beaches. Also another site where you can ask about the island is www.bonairetalk.com. The last site may be a good one to find out about beaches.

• 1 month later...

Just received my package for Dec. cruise and noticed that in the picture box of this excursion there was a billboard stretched along the water with mention to Plaza Resort Bonaire. It doesn't appear to be as nice as the Harbour Beach.

• 2 months later...

On our December 9th sailing, the day at the beach was at the Plaza Resort. Spoke to a couple there but for sure not worth the $99 per person. A few in our group got in for $15 at the gate (+$5 for use of a hammock), the pool, beach, etc. Had a fab margarita at the hut down from the pool ($7 or $8 US - bring small bills) by the beach and the gal at the swim up bar is a doll! Nice place to snorkel but rocky beach, bring water shoes.

On our December 9th sailing, the day at the beach was at the Plaza Resort. Spoke to a couple there but for sure not worth the $99 per person. A few in our group got in for $15 at the gate (+$5 for use of a hammock), the pool, beach, etc. Had a fab margarita at the hut down from the pool ($7 or $8 US - bring small bills) by the beach and the gal at the swim up bar is a doll! Nice place to snorkel but rocky beach, bring water shoes.

Yes, Princess charges $99 for the Plaza which you can do on your own for $15 admission or $20 if you want a chair on the beach. And you can use the pools too. Me and several friends walked there. When you walk to the end of the dock you just walk to the right. Princess takes you there on a bus but you can walk there in ten minutes for free or get a taxi, we walked there and spent $2 a person sharing a taxi back. You can buy food and drink. We had a few beers. The $99 Princess charges is way overpriced, to say the least. I liked the Plaza Resort, good snorkeling and decent facilities but people should do it on their own. No reason to do it with Princess.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, Princess charges $99 for the Plaza which you can do on your own for $15 admission or $20 if you want a chair on the beach. And you can use the pools too. Me and several friends walked there. When you walk to the end of the dock you just walk to the right. Princess takes you there on a bus but you can walk there in ten minutes for free or get a taxi, we walked there and spent $2 a person sharing a taxi back. You can buy food and drink. We had a few beers. The $99 Princess charges is way overpriced, to say the least. I liked the Plaza Resort, good snorkeling and decent facilities but people should do it on their own. No reason to do it with Princess.

I agree. Walk there and do it on your own. My husband did it with Princess, thinking it was like Depalm Island Day pass. The snorkeling is wonderful, but we were angry and felt very ripped off.I complained , as well as a few other people, and we recieved a 35 percent rebate.

Archived