Size Difference?

sweet_successes

The Star is slightly narrower than the Sun. As a result the cabins are a little shorter, however most of the difference appeared to be in the bathroom and therefore also the cupboards space! It was pretty obvious when you sat down on the toilet and realised your leg was rubbing up against the wall!:o

The Sun had a nifty spot to put suitcases behind the door where the lifejackets were but this was not there on the Star. We were initally concerned that we had nowhere to put suitcases on the Star until we realised they could slide under the bunks. A point to note as well is that the bottom bunks lift up to make it easier to slide the bags in and out!

The other thing that makes the cabins appear larger is that the beds are offset in the four berth cabins on the Sun but opposite each other in the Star. I found this made the cabin feel more open.

So finally, yes the cabins on the Sun were larger!

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Thanks Jane...

I found out the bunks lifted when I thought my suitcase was stuck under the bed!! One edge of my suitcase had been slightly higher than the edge and when we slid the bags under the bed after unpacking we had left this edge sticking out a little bit. However over the course of the cruise it had managed to work itself completely under the bed (or the steward had lifted the bunk and pushed it under to stop kicking his toe!!). When it was time to pack I could pull it out and while getting frustrated realised that the bed lifted.....

Cheers,

Charmain:)

The Sun had a nifty spot to put suitcases behind the door where the lifejackets were but this was not there on the Star. We were initally concerned that we had nowhere to put suitcases on the Star until we realised they could slide under the bunks. A point to note as well is that the bottom bunks lift up to make it easier to slide the bags in and out!

Hi Chaz!

As we're talking about cabins....the suitcase dimensions quoted as acceptable by P&O are larger than our bags..does this mean they should slide easily under the bottom bunks on the Star? Also are there trouser hangers provided in the cabin wardrobes? Some posters have said there are enough hangers....(we are 4 pax.)...are there?

Many thanks

I took extra hangers (but there were 5 of us). I just took the ones that come with the clothes when you buy them (when the shop assistants are too busy to take them off) and I left them in the cabin n case the next people needed more.

Karen

Regarding the hangers, it seems to depend on the cabin. I have had too many and not enough. You could always ask your steward and I am sure you will get some. If you get laundry done they come back on wire hangers.

We have fitted family suitcases under the bed. My hard moulded case that is sort of arched won't fit closed, so I slide it under open. It is then great for throwing in the washing.

Hi Keeza

The single beds on the Star do slid together and are then just made up as a queen with sheets etc. When in a 4 berth -made into a twin (like we were) the ladders and quilts for the top bunks are kept under the beds - which doesn't leave much room for suitcases but you can still lift them up and fit one underneath.

My question is on the sun - we are booked on a 4 berth - can we just push the bottom two beds together for hubby and i with the kids in the top bunks?

rach

Hi Keeza

The single beds on the Star do slid together and are then just made up as a queen with sheets etc. When in a 4 berth -made into a twin (like we were) the ladders and quilts for the top bunks are kept under the beds - which doesn't leave much room for suitcases but you can still lift them up and fit one underneath.

My question is on the sun - we are booked on a 4 berth - can we just push the bottom two beds together for hubby and i with the kids in the top bunks?

rach

I don't think so Rach - I think on Sun the four berth cabins are fixed bunk style.

Kym

Archived