Live from the Crown 8/25

teetop

The food in the horizon is fine. I see fresh and canned fruit, a great fresh green salad bar with the fixings, just so much that we have all read on other posts.

I loved the salad bar also! Was always fresh and abundant.

Have a great time and thanks for posting.

(Don't forget to have some cheesecake in the dining room. It's almost NY quality.;) )

Thanks for posting your reviews to date. Makes me want Sept. 30th to come that much quicker. I look forward to reading more.

Good Morning All

Yes tomorrow we get back home, and as much as I've had awonderful time, I really can't wait to get to my home. That's just me.

You know when someone tells you about a movie, or a Broadway play or a show and just raves about it and tells you how wonderful it is, then you go see it and you say well, it was ok, well I hope it doesn't happen to any of you from my posts. It's been wonderful, but of course there are things that maybe weren't sooo wonderful, but actually, I can't even say that. Everyone's opinion and expectation are all different and things may not bother me or others, but will bother another group. Just wanted to let you know that. I am not an expert on anything , and I am not an expert cruiser and I can't compare this to anyother cruise, but I will say that I find it hard to read the really negative posts about this ship.

Anyway, onto other fun things.

Yes,, we tried the cheescake and it was good. My in-laws were in the bakery business for 50 years, so it's hard to be objective in regard to sweets, but that certainly doesn't keep me from eating themlolol

No need to take beach towels. They supply each room with big blue/white stripe ones and are really sufficient.

Was really sorry not to make the champagne waterfall, only because I can't stay awake that late...if only they had it at 6am lolol

We only saw the Destination show early in the week. My MIL and FIL enjoyed it. This is the only thing that I could compare it to other cruises, and I seem to remember the shows on Carnival Victory 3 years ago to be much more stronger, colorful etc. It was fine, but it wasn't great. But it was an entertaining show.

We did ceramics and will pick it up later. It got busy because yesterday was the last day to do it since it has to be fired. Will see if it comes back ok or cracked WHATEVER lol

Tonight is baked Alaska and can't wait.

Last night the ship started to really rock. My MIL had to take a bonine which she said works really good. They told us it would be windy today.

OH, my dh and 2 boys 16 and 13 went snubaing in Turks. The boys had a great time, but I think you should know that at first we thought they would be taking a boat to the site, no - they were bussed to the beach where they put on equip and then walked into water and swam to sights. My husband was surprised because, I certainly would not have been able to do it. The other couple in the group loudly complained and the woman tour guide told them that the gov't stopped them from going by boat (?)

So I went to the excursion desk just to let them know what happened because I felt this was a Princess sponsored trip and they told me that normally, this snuba trip shares a boat with the helmet diving and that happened to be cancelled, so they didn't use a boat(?) It didn't ruin my kids trip because they had a blast, but I thought you might want to double check how you get to the water if you take a trip like this Its the trip listed in the folded sheet you get on page 3 towards the top. I think it cost about 69pp. I wasn't looking for a refund, although the other couple were, but thought this piece of info might be of help to any of you looking to do this.

I think we are folllowing ernesto or something it's a bit cloudy, but hey, I'LL BE PACKING FOR 4 GUYS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!

weLL, gotta get some breakfast and finish my Wynonna Judd book. Be well and keep on packing

Terryanne

Hello, I am currently a Girl 1 for Royal Caribbean. A lot of my cast mates have spoken to me about Princess and advised that I should see if I could take my next contract there. I have looked ALL over the internet and cannot seem to find a place to send a video or go to an audition for them. Does anyone know what a singer would need to do to audition for Princess? What type of shows do they do? I would like to know this so that I might include the proper audition material for the tape. My contract here will be done in December and I would like to get working again as soon as January. You know how work goes, I am putting as many feelers out there as possible. I want to keep all my options open.

Thanks for you help.

I enjoyed reading your thread. It will be over a year until I cruise again so I like enjoying a cruise through someone else eyes who loves to cruise even though everything isn't perfect.

Thank you!

Good Evening everyone!

Well this is my last post while on the ship. I would be glad to continue to answer any questions when I get back, as I will be bonding with my washing machine, which happens to be right next to my computer!!

Yes, someone said that we are chasing a hurricane here and boy the ship is rocking side to side. It's beautiful to sit on one's balcony as we have been doing all week and just marvel at the calm waters, the sky in all it's different shades, and we even saw a most beautiful rainbow today....but.....when the ship rocks like it is today, the balcony was the last place I wanted to be. I feel the ship has been very smooth until last night. There were many times I felt like I wasn't on a ship. And my motherinlaw, who came to this country 52 years ago on one of those liners that made her very sick, was not sick whatsoever. She took a bonine for the 1st 2 days and took one today and was fine. Even I took one today, probably the reason being that I was getting tense about repacking all of my families stuff and God forbid I should miss a meal because of all the packing!!!!!

It's been wonderful.

They had the baked alaska dessert and it was festive and I was sorry to say goodbye to Florentina and Georgie, our waitstaff. They were teriffic.

The ship is making some strange noises as I type, but I'm sure everything will be fine, but I will admit that I thought of that 7/11 trip with the roll, and I still can't imagine the fear those people had. It must have been just horrible and I hope they all recover from it.

Anyway, toni;ght Sarge is performing again. I hope he is there for all of you. Pretty funny. I will try to get up early again tmrw to see the Verrazano bridge and all the morning experience. Betcha, thats the day I wake up late. Anyway, safe travels to all of you tomorrow and to all still waiting, it will be your day soon. And I wish you a wonderful cruise and peace. Will talk again. Thanks for the memories to share!

Terryanne

She is awesome isn't she? I am glad you had a great time. Too bad Ernesto had to cloud some of your days. We will never forget the inaugural sailing. Our first on a first sailing. Get on this ship if you can Princess lovers.

Back to reality for you, teetop, but with all the momories to treasure forever.

Thanks so much for your enjoyable posts, teetop--you did a great job, I'm sorry I just found this thread tonight. Sounds like you had a wonderful cruise--ours is coming up Sept.30th on the Crown. Thanks to you, I almost feel like I've been on her already. Hope you have a safe trip home--sure you have many great memories from this past 9 days.

Linda

Good Morning Everyone!

well, we are now land lubbers and former cruisers of the Crown Princess and my washing machine and I have been reunited.

I gotta get my land legs back, because, due to a pest called Ernesto, the ship rocked a bit yesterday. I took a bonine and it did help. Don't be worried about the rocking. It's soothing when you go to sleep, but when I have to pack for all of us b/4 dinner, the swaying made me nuts. listen, I wasn't going to mis my last meal on the wonderful ship! LOL

Thank you enjoying my posts. I know how important they were to me in getting me ready for my trip and I was more than happy to reciprocate.

Will be back tomorrow. gotta just get the boys back onto school mode and finish last minute 8th grade summer homework for one of them. Hubby is already back at work.

Will answer all inquiries this week and I know I missed some. I wrote them down and will respond asap.

Be well and keep on packing, (The computer is swaying with me! LOL)

Terryanne (Ahhhhh--- the sweet sound of the washer spinning!!!LOL)

I truly enjoyed your post and i'm even more excited about my upcoming cruise on the Crown. I can hardly wait ! 38 more days seems so far away.

Kruznut,

Come join us on the Oct 9th Crown thread. We are a very lively bunch...and we don't bite.:D

Archived