Strange Foods you wish you could find on a Cruise

M&MCruisin

Would love to see frogs legs (sauteed in wine' date=' butter & garlic) again on an NCL ship.

Haven't had that one since the Dawn May 2003 repo that brought her to her home base NYC.

Maybe on next Oct.'s reverse repo there'll be a return of the frogs legs!:D[/quote']

You stole my comment: The only place I have seen them was on Celebrity for an appitzer and they were not good at all. I was so disappointed. I wish they would bring them back to NCL. maybe if we all keep bugging them.

NMNita

Hey nothing odd about cream cheese and olive sandwiches (well maybe not if you like them too). Tell him to try cream cheese and anchovy sandwiches - really yummy too.
I think the same thing: cream cheese with any kind of olives; I bet with anchovies it would be good. I love cucumber toast for breakfast. Of course this time of the year we have so many cucumbers in the garden we eat them with everything. Fried dill pickles is another good one.

Nita

I think the same thing: cream cheese with any kind of olives; I bet with anchovies it would be good. I love cucumber toast for breakfast. Of course this time of the year we have so many cucumbers in the garden we eat them with everything. Fried dill pickles is another good one.

Nita

I use to work at a chick-fil-a and fried pickles were my specialty, we'd have 5 lb buckets of them and I swear I had to use up a tenth of the bucket in a nine hour shift.

...They had Nutella on board the MSC Opera last January on their Eastern Caribbean itinerary. It was actually the first time I tried it; I loved it! It is served in the main dining room at breakfast along with other euro-style preserves.

Just an FYI...

I would imagine that you could get almost anything while on a cruise (except maybe haggis) but the old saying goes "if you don't ask, you don't get". ;)

Ah, but Caledonian Kitchen has pretty good canned haggis, so just ask! Now, fresh haggis might be harder to get . . . :rolleyes:

Jeane

Archived