Staying on board the Miracle....stalling....

Only cruised once and was off the Triumph by 9am.

Airline just dropped my return flight. and gave me a choice of 11am or 5pm....obviously I had to take the 5pm. Can we sleep in a bit, go to breakfast and take our time getting our selves off the Miracle? How long can we stay on board? I don't feel like sitting at the airport for 7 hours any other recommendations for things to do?

We were in the same situation - 5:00 flight. We stayed on until 9:30 and then ended up hanging around the airport - not fun at all. Even though we all want to say on the ship as long as possible, they need you off so they can get everything ready for those boarding just a few short hours after we leave.

here is a couple links to places in Tampa

http://www.columbiarestaurant.com/ awesome restaurant

someone mentioned Ybor City, Columbia Restaurant is in Ybor City

Another place is right at the port Channel Side http://www.flaquarium.org/index.html the Florida Aquarium I have never been but hear its a neat place.

A trolly takes you to Ybor City from Channel Side.

Have FUN! Enjoy your cruise!

Breakfast is done by 9am. Almost everyone will be on the lido deck. We go to the dining room for breakfast the morning we get off.

After breakfast we get the rest of our stuff out of the cabins becuase they want you out by 8:30-- 9:00

I go around and take pictures of various cabin categorys while waiting for my color to be called.. i still take my time gettingoff. Always have been one of the last off - figure around 10:- or 10:30 at the latest.

The new cruisers want to get on and the faster they get the old passengers off the faster they can reload for the following week.

We live in Tampa and there's lots to do here. I would rent a car at the airport and use it for a day's excursion. Drive to the beaches and hang out at a restaurant with a view of the gulf. Go to St. Petersburg and visit the Dali Museum. Take a tour of the Aquarium, as was already mentioned. Your day will go quickly, then return the car and check in for your flight.

Archived