New to NOS

SNAFL

We'll be on our first cruise on a voyager class vessel. Just booked NOS departing 9/30/06. I've been on cruisecritic for hours and not finding NOS info consolidated in one place. Am I looking in the wrong spot? If not, how about all you experienced NOS cruisers give me the inside scoops - how much did you love this ship? quietest places on the ship? any helpful hints are much appreciated! I've got cabin 7290 held for us until noon tomorrow when I'll have my agent confirm it for us. We always have a balcony & that's where we spend the majority of our time - should I upgrade to a higher floor? We're not crowd people so don't do the pools.

Personal/Funny Note:

Booked this cruise just this weekend because I booked my girlfriend a flight to Florida for a weekend - didn't realize until after I paid for the flight that it was HIS BIRTHDAY WEEKEND! Made it up to him by booking this cruise. We'll be celebrating both of our birthdays - his in September and mine in November. Any excuse is a good excuse to cruise. :D

I absolutely loved the Navigator. The ship was nicely decorated, easy to get around, crew friendly and efficient, food good and plentiful. Take a look a the deck plans and you will find places away from the main pool area for some quiet time. Enjoy!

Hi,

We also booked on NOS but for January. I was determined to find pictures of the ship and I did. Here is a link to a web site that has virtual tours of every room, cabins and entertainment and dining areas. All I can say is by these pictures WOW!!! My excitement level have risen 10 times.

http://www.virtualtoursusa.com/navigatorseas.htm

Tips on the Navigator dinning is aft,entertainment is forward,deck 5 takes you thru the center of the ship. When you get out of the elevator facing forward the carpet on starboard side is aqua, port side is pink.Deck 11 is the swimming pool .

Enjoy your cruise,

Tj

When you get out of the elevator facing forward the carpet on starboard side is aqua, port side is pink.

As I am directionaly impaired when it comes to ship layout (a favorite tease from dh) I appreciate the tips Tj. Looking out a window I can tell you if I'm port, starboard, forward and/or aft but coming out of the elevator :rolleyes: . Hope you are enjoying your vacation time, we will be onboard Navigator on the 9/16 sailing.

As I am directionaly impaired when it comes to ship layout (a favorite tease from dh) I appreciate the tips Tj. Looking out a window I can tell you if I'm port, starboard, forward and/or aft but coming out of the elevator :rolleyes: . Hope you are enjoying your vacation time, we will be onboard Navigator on the 9/16 sailing.

What can I say that's how I find my way around the ship;) Looking out the window doesn't help the ship could be docked starboardside long side ,in other words the port is on the starboard side;)

Tj

Been on the Navigator twice and it is so far my favorite ship to date. A nice place for a quiet drink with an awesome view is the Viking Crown Lounge. Very nice.

Everything about this ship is great including the crew and service. She has one of the best Captains in the RCI fleet with Captain Bang. Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for all the tips and insights. I am so looking forward to it. Told my DH about the ice skating rink & mini golf - thought it was cool that we were going to be on our first ship that had these - he wasn't but I was. We enjoy crusing just to cruise and to truly be away from it all - phones, email, etc. I can't get him to go to all of the shows/events I want to go to, but that doesn't stop me - I have no problem going alone. Cruising is the one true vacation a working person can take and the job can't interrupt. Thanks again.

Oh you picked the most awesome ship. It is by far our favorite now. We sailed it July 1st of this year and it is magnificent! And I agree with an earlier post, it has the best Captain of all. Captain Bang and his wife who was recently on here, TJ are the best, most personable people. We really enjoyed meeting them.

And I can't say enough about this ship. It is beautiful throughout. The crew is topnotch.

A nice quiet spot may be the helicopter pad, they have benches there. My DD loved that spot and a great view also!

My DH also didn't get into all the show but that didn't stop me either. We often went our seperate way as I played Bingo and like to watch demonstrations and dancing, ice skating etc. But we always met up for lunch and dinner. That's what nice about cruising, you can each do as you want and then do things together.

Have fun, I know you will, can't help but on this ship!!!!

Sue

We are sailing on NOS starting the 16th. So excited about this ship too! If you go to Flickr.com and type in Navigator of the Seas it will bring up public photo albums of the ship. Kind of fun seeing pictures from others vacations and dreaming that that will soon be Y-O-U!:)

Drop me a line afterwards and I can answer any questions you have. We have a balcony cabin and can't wait to see how that is designed and all.

I just got back last week-- LOVED the ship. Wish I would have known about the different colored rugs on the port and starboard sides. Oh well, guess I know for next time.

At the pool/deck party there is a buffet. I doubt this is exclusive to NOS, but it was a surprise to me as it was NOT mentioned anywhere in the compass.

Ok, this is an odd one, but I LOVED the view from the ladies room on deck 11 just outside the windjammer.

The tiered pool area next to the bar is sheltered from the wind, so when laying at the pool, if it is hot and you like a breeze to keep cool- dont choose those chairs. If it is cool and you dont like a breeze, then those chairs would be perfect.

Archived