The Wachovia 'DestinationWebCam'

It does seem to only work when there are no ships in port, which seems silly if it's port security. I would think any terrorist could hook up a web cam they'd watch from a distance. They're not exactly difficult to operate or install.

:)

I posted an update to this in the thread titled "Grandeur Arrival times in Miami this summer".

Directly from the webmaster:

(Friday 8/25/06) We have been working on this all week with Bellsouth. I have a crew arriving in Miami tomorrow and we will be replacing both cameras and their infrastructure over the following week. Both sites are very difficult to get to and so it will take a few days.

I should have realized that many more people would be interested than just those following that one thread. :eek:

Theron

I received this from the webmaster today, 9/1:

"We were hoping to get it operational today, but due to a storm our crew could not get up there. We are finding it difficult to identify the cause of the problem, and so we will replace the whole system in one week (I have to purchase some items, ship them to Miami, and schedule crew there again)."

Brian

Archived