Wi-Fi on the Windsurf

Yes, we were celebrating our anniversary at the Pestana. I loved the hotel, the gardens,and the suite we had.

We were a party of six that you probably saw and most likely heard on the ship. We had such a wonderful time. I do understand the need for time alone. My DH and I had that for the second week after our friends left. It's a shame that we did not meet. Maybe on some future cruise as I do believe we have sailed together before. Didn't we all have a wonderful cruise!!!!:)

Ruth,

It was wonderful! Not all the ports were my favorites, but we still loved the trip. I simply adored the Pestana. The gardens and pool were amazing and such a peaceful retreat within Lisbon.

We were in the bistro that last morning for breakfast (very tired and sad we were leaving) at the same time as your group. I started tearing up watching you all say goodbye! It never even occured to me that you were, well, you. I just recognized you from the Pestana.

We are definitely hooked on Windstar and not sure we can get on a big ship again. I might do a mainstream cruise with my girlfriends, but don't think DH and I will, just too spoiled now. I love the ship itself, the food, the atomsphere, but what make it really special to us is the crew. We were on the WindSurf last year and it was so great to be recognized by several of the crew (little scary that it was all bar staff though). I understand how some people don't want to get close to the crew in general, but there is something different about the Windstar crew. We are going on the WindStar in Decemeber and various people told us who had moved to that ship and who else we should look for. It is hard to explain to people who haven't experienced it.

We would love to hear about your future plans, so maybe we can actually meet sometime. Plus I just love living though other people's wonderful trips as if they were my own.

Sheila

It is so true about the way the crew on the Windsurf are so dedicated to ensuring that you have the best of times. Our friends picked the itinerary this year as they wanted Tangiers and Ibiza. Next year it is still up for grabs, although I wish Windstar would go back to Tahiti. I have been firmly told that this will not happen anytime soon, so my dilema is whether to.....jump ship... and go to the South Pacific with Paul Gaugain, another small ship, or repeat on Windsurf again. I love French Polynesia, and would go back in a heartbeat. We did it years and years ago on the Windsong.

Glad that we did touch base, even through CC. Tell me, did you do New Years Eve, Dec 04-Jan 05 on the Surf starting in St Thomas? We were on the same cruise I think. Next time, we just have to meet up.

Ruth

Just saw your comment so I thought I would jump in. We cruised for the very first time on the old "Windsong" before it burned up. The cruise in Tahiti was wonderful! Friends of ours who have had cruise experience on large lines and with us on Radisons' Diamond(eastern med) went last summer on the Gauguin to Tahiti. They were very disappointed. There were quite a few large groups and the demographic was skewed toward older folks(not that there is anything wrong with that but this was NOT an active group which you would expect for this destination). Something to think about. I have been watching this thread as we are mulling over options for fall 07 and thinking about the Barcelona-Lisbon route. See my new thread on that topic.

Looks like I need to correct my post from yesterday citing anecdotal evidence that the Paul Gauguin Cruisers skew a bit older shall we say. I spoke with my fabulous travel agent who is a virtuoso agent. She told me that she sent a client and her girlfriends on that cruise to Tahiti for a 40th bday celebration. They went this past August and had a wonderful time, reporting that the passengers were fun, young and lively! Also just found out that Star Clippers is repositioning a ship to Tahiti in Dec. 07. That would be a great option as well! Hope this helps...

Ruth,

I wish we had, but no, that was not us. I really liked Tangiers, not so thrilled with Ibiza. But I'll grant that Ibiza is more of night place and staying there rather than a cruise stop we might have enjoyed it more.

I completely understand your dilemma about the South Pacific. We have so many places on our list to see, but a couple places where I would love to return. It is such a fantastic feeling to be "at home" on vacation. So for us, it is a question of do we do something new or something we already love? For us the Lisbon cruise did both as we loved the WindSurf from last year and all the ports were new to us. I'm not sure we can replicate that next year with the WindSurf, so we'll have to figure that out.

I'd suggest you do both! The WindSurf crew will forgive you one transgression as long as you come back to them; friends always do!

Sheila

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to take so long to post, as I was in Boston. It really looks as if we are doing Tahiti, as we so love the islands, and did not get a chance to do all we wanted to. I think the old saying that a change is as good as a rest may be true in this case. Feel free to throw in a few ideas. We just want somewhere laid back and relaxing. :)

Archived