Cabin size

got2getaway

I will be in an inside room with my fiance and his 2 children (10 and 12yrs old) Can anyone tell me what the sleeping arrangements are besides the two twin beds. I think I saw one bed on the wall that comes down. Where is the 4th bed for a cabin that sleeps four? I think I am going to wish I that I had splurged on the connecting room.

I will be in an inside room with my fiance and his 2 children (10 and 12yrs old) Can anyone tell me what the sleeping arrangements are besides the two twin beds. I think I saw one bed on the wall that comes down. Where is the 4th bed for a cabin that sleeps four? I think I am going to wish I that I had splurged on the connecting room.

You may in fact wish you had. The third bed is a trundle that comes out from under one of the twins and forms an almost a wall to wall bed :eek:

Good chance to get to know the Kids very well.

By the way this trip is on the Norwegian Spirit if that makes a difference in cabins.

Thanks y'all

:p

It does make a difference forget the above. You can put your cabin number in here to make sure it is the same.

http://1stmatecruises.com/nclcabins/

Cabin 4551

• Shower (1)
  • Convertible Lower Beds (2)
  • Pullman Bed (2)
  • Cabin Square Footage (149)
  • Midship Section
  • Inside Stateroom
  • Port Side
  • Pier forward
  • Crib (1)
  • Duvet
  • Hair Dryer (1)
  • Telephone (1)
  • Safety Deposit Box (1)
  • Television (1)

Thanks! It looks like you are correct. I put in my cabin number and saw the detailed list. Oh my gosh, I wish we had booked 2 rooms. We all live together anyway, but living in a house with 3 guys is one thing....staying in a 149 sq ft room with 3 guys for a week is a whole other story. Too funny. As long as the cocktails keep coming..I dont see too much bothering me on this trip. Thanks for your help!

Is it too late to get connecting rooms? 5 years ago I went with my husband and 2 kids (7,9). We were going to go with the 1 room, but ended up finding a deal that wasn't much more than 3/4 person fare, and booked the adjoining room. RARELY HAVE I MADE A BETTER DECISION.

It is worth checking on.

On the other hand, you don't need to spend much time in the room, as there are always other places you can be. I also liked Melissa's answer.

The third bed is a trundle that comes out from under one of the twins and forms an almost a wall to wall bed :eek: quote]

Why does NCL do this? Has it become popular on all cruise ships? What was wrong with the "traditional" two pullman?

We were on the Dawn and had four kids, my daughter and friend and my son and friend. The friends were also brother and sister. They were all teenagers. They all grew up together, but when I heard my daughter say, "Joe woke me up this morning when he rolled over and hit me with his elbow," I nearly died. :eek:

I've never had a problem with our kids in our room with the two pullmans.

Hi:

I just returned from the Spirit today. We had an inside cabin for my wife and I and our 2 kids (age 8 and 11). It was the 3 lower and 1 upper as all of the cabins on the ship are. I found it to be really tight. We tried all of the possible configurations for the beds...the three in a row worked the best. The bed that comes up from under is actually very low to the floor....it does not really come up at all. The one that folds out of the small sofa had a really thin mattress and looked very uncomfortable. Our 8 year old slept in the low bed and we made the best of it....We still had a great time...wonderful cruise.....everything else made up for the tight cabin.

We are actually booked next year on the Spirit on a cabin that is listed as a 2 upper and 2 lower outside....deck 4. I went to these cabins to see them today since we were one of the last to leave the ship this am and could look around....I was surprised to find that they too are the 3 lower and 1 upper. I spoke to the Cabin Steward who was actually cleaning the cabin. He told me that there were no cabins on the ship with 2 upper berths. I checked all of the outside cabins on deck 4 and the inside as well...no 2 upper berths. The cabin stewardess that cleaned our room for the week told me the same thing.

If you go in thinking that it will be tight, you hopefully will be fine and have a great time like we did.

Thanks Jim! do you have any pics of the room while its actually being used? The pics on the NCL website make the small room look picture perfect. I know that it will be tight, but I am just so excited to get on that ship to let this bother me. This is the only concern that I have about our trip. It could be worse....guys dont take long to get ready everyday either. If it was 3 girls in an inside cabin.....that could be really bad!!

Help...have 3 friends that will be sharing a cabin on the Pearl in April. Can anyone tell me what a "Pullman" refers to? I know that climbing up to those "bunk type" beds hanging from the wall will be out of the question...we are getting old...really looking for maybe a pull out sofa for the 3rd person. :D

Shoreguy...thanks for that site. Now if I can get all the terms correct we will be able to select a cabin. Pearl is not listed but I am guessing that it is set up more like the Jewel than the others?

Forget cocktails in the room - there will no place to set them down.

Remember, with this arrangement, you all RISE at the same time, go to bed at the same time, watch the same TV, share one little bathroom, etc. One big slumber party. Check prices on the second cabin, keeping in mind that you have to "officially" have one adult in each room - yeah, right!

But, as someone else said, if this is all you can afford, you will manage.

My fiance tried calling NCL earlier to see about a connecting room. No answer. So hopefully he will get some good news tomorrow. Wonder how much more $$ it would be. I am not going to keep my hopes up...our cruise is in a month and the rooms are probably booked by now.

Some of us would have looked up the pricing for you, but did not see where and when you are cruising. You can go to ncl.com to get an idea of what rooms are left and the prices and compare to what you are already paying for 3rd and 4th passengers.

My fiance tried calling NCL earlier to see about a connecting room. No answer. So hopefully he will get some good news tomorrow. Wonder how much more $$ it would be. I am not going to keep my hopes up...our cruise is in a month and the rooms are probably booked by now.

We checked into connecting rooms for our 8/07 sailings. We were told by the Port/Cruise Consultant on board that the only connecting rooms on the Spirit are balconies. There are no outside cabins w/o balconies that connect. I have not looked at this myself but a a glance, this is correct. My agent is confirming this today. For the price of 2 connecting balcony rooms, we can get an AB Penthouse suite on the Dawn for the same week!

You had asked about pictures of the room, we do not have any. There is really only room for a tiny path to walk for one when the lower bed is slid out from under the other. Again, I must stress that we had a great cruise..we made the best of it..You seem to have a good attitude about it so if this is your only option, I am sure that you will have a blast!

Good luck.

Connecting cabins are very hard to come by, they sell out quickly, but adjoining cabins are easier. As for your fiance calling and getting no answer I am surprised, usually when they are closed they have the recorder on. good luck, NMNita

Connecting cabins are very hard to come by, they sell out quickly, but adjoining cabins are easier. As for your fiance calling and getting no answer I am surprised, usually when they are closed they have the recorder on. good luck, NMNita

Could have been the endless wait for someone to pick up that happens from time to time:rolleyes:

Archived