Princess Grill Table for Four

judy&steve

Hi. We are assigned a table for four, but have a table for two requested. We aren't travelling with anyone else, so our tablemates will be strangers. I just wonder how things work when there is no assigned dining time in the grill. It must be a little awkward for the waitstaff as well as the diners. Any experiences out there?

Thanks --

Judy

In my experience it is not akward at all. But I am not sure what you concerns are.

If you do not like to dine with and talk to others, you should ask the maitre on the first day to move you to a table for two. The same is true if you find out you do not like the other passengers.

If you wonder about adjusting the timing: Even on bigger tables with many strangers most of the time the passengers sharing a table agree explicitly or implicitly about an approximate time to arrive. Even if not, the stewards do a good job in either adjusting the serving speed in a way that all guest get the feeling of being served about the same time or, if they get the impression the guest do not care about dining together, just serve everybody according to the individual preferences.

I always choose bigger tables and it always worked out well. Enjoy!

Not awkward at all. My wife and I have been at a QG table for four and a PG table for six (twice). Unless you have previously agreed on a time to dine with your table mates (we never did), order when you arrive and the others will do the same. Our experience was that when all the table mates get along well (two out of the three times for us) all will linger to leave at the same time no matter who arrived first or how much before the others. We usually had an apperitif cocktail at 7 in the Queens Grill Lounge, dined at 7:30, and were the second couple to arrive. Breakfast and lunch were completely scatter gun.

Paul

Hi. We are assigned a table for four, but have a table for two requested. We aren't travelling with anyone else, so our tablemates will be strangers. I just wonder how things work when there is no assigned dining time in the grill. It must be a little awkward for the waitstaff as well as the diners. Any experiences out there?

Thanks --

Judy

many couples are assigned a table for four with no one else assigned to that table except the 1 couple.. check yor booking if it says "table for 4 ,, 2 requested confirmed" then you should have the table to yourself!! bon voyage

many couples are assigned a table for four with no one else assigned to that table except the 1 couple.. check yor booking if it says "table for 4 ,, 2 requested confirmed" then you should have the table to yourself!! bon voyage

Thank you! That's exactly how the reservation reads. We are certainly not adverse to meeting other people on our cruise, we were just a little concerned about the timing issues. As I have surmised in other responses to our post, we would have nothing to worry about in any case. Again, thank you all for taking the time to respond to my question.

--Judy

Archived