Shore excursions on the PG

Gmeg

Can anyone advise whether it is important to pre-book excursions or whether we can leave this to when we board. Some of our party will want to do diving /snorkelling excursions but would prefer to make decisions about this after getting a feel for available options from others on board.

We are just back from the wonderful 8/5 7 day cruise. I highly recommend that you book the shore excursions ASAP. Many are quite intimate, such as the Bora Bora by jet boat. There were only 12-15 people allowed on the boat max. When I was onboard, I was thinking of switching to the 2nd Bora Bora day, and it was fully booked. So, many of the tours are quite limited. I would book ahead - you can always cancel on board (24 hours in advance).

I would say that you would be well-advised to pre-book anything that you have your heart set on, and make a selection of likely excursions for the rest. You can change you rmind when you board, but if a particular experience is important, don't take the chance. That being said, there is plenty of shuffling that goes on after boarding.

By all means, pre-book any excursions you have your heart set on or that seem like they would be limited in number of participants. We were on the PG last September, and I booked our excursions the very first day they were available. We were able to do the sunset cruise in Moorea and they could only take aout 20 people. We heard many people who said they tried to book but it was already full. We also found we had a conflict with one of our excursions, and the staff did a fine job of juggling things for us. This was a fabulous cruise, you will have a marvelous time!

Archived