Help With 3 Travel Insurance Companies

elou

I Checked Out Access America, Travelexlite, And Csa. The Amount To Pay Is Within $10. Is Travelex Better Because Of Being Primary Insurance But Has Less Coverage For Emergency Medical Evacuation Or The Others That Are Secondary Insurance With More Emergency Med. Evac. Coverage. Both Have Approx. The Same Medical Insurance Coverage. Help Would Be Appreciated. Thanks.

Do you think you might need emergency evacuation; or do you have ongoing health issues? Could/would you be able to cover any such costs up front and wait for reimbursement? Do you have primary medical coverage for the places you are headed? All of these are specific to your situation and would have a bearing on the best coverage for you. All three companies are well-respected, and have good reputations.

As long as Travelex Travel Lite policy provides at least $25,000.00 in medication evacuation, I would go with them. I like that they are primary insures, and I've had to submit a claim with them, and they were absolutely wonderful to deal with. Excellent customer service.

Do you think you might need emergency evacuation; or do you have ongoing health issues? Could/would you be able to cover any such costs up front and wait for reimbursement? .

There's a lot of confusion about what "primary coverage" means. Even though Travelex is primary you still have to pay the bill yourself and get reimbursed. There's no difference there. It's not like walking into your local clinic and presenting your Blue Cross card if you choose a primary coverage insurer.

And as for emergency evacuation, all three plans listed, whether primary or secondary, will make the arrangements and cover the costs up front for you so there's no up-front outlay at all.

There's a lot of confusion about what "primary coverage" means. Even though Travelex is primary you still have to pay the bill yourself and get reimbursed. There's no difference there. It's not like walking into your local clinic and presenting your Blue Cross card if you choose a primary coverage insurer.

And as for emergency evacuation, all three plans listed, whether primary or secondary, will make the arrangements and cover the costs up front for you so there's no up-front outlay at all.

While that's true, if the insurance wasn't primary coverage, you'd still have to submit first to your own insurance company to be reimbursed, and then, only after they denied the claim, would you be able to submit to the travel insurance company. I've submitted two claims to Travelex before and the claim form was very simple and I was reimbursed 100% within 2 weeks.

I was working on our insurance this week, as well.

Not all companies cover cancellation due to the illness or death of a business partner. This is an important consideration for us, and I almost accidentally bought a policy that did not cover it!

They all cover cancellation due to the illness or death of a family member or traveling companion, but not all companies include a business partner.

If this is an issue for you, you need to check the companies carefully.

I was working on our insurance this week, as well.

Not all companies cover cancellation due to the illness or death of a business partner. This is an important consideration for us, and I almost accidentally bought a policy that did not cover it!

They all cover cancellation due to the illness or death of a family member or traveling companion, but not all companies include a business partner.

If this is an issue for you, you need to check the companies carefully.

Which one did cover this issue? I already have bought my insurance so it is too late for this trip but would be good to know in the future.

I like Travelex. I've bought the TravelEx Plus the last two times we cruised and will probably go with that again for this one. Or, maybe the Travelite. I just have to decide whether I want more medical coverage...or if I need it.

Travelex Travel Lite policy covers cancellation if it involves your traveling partner, a family member, or a business partner.

Archived