Using onboard credit coupon after booking but before final payment

We booked our cruise a few months ago. Last week I received a coupon for $150 room credit (interior) if I book a cruise between July 31st and Sept 25th.

Final Payment is due Friday.

Has anyone successfully received the credit after having booked but before final payment or will they give my agent the "new bookings only" line?

Did you have to cancel and rebook?

Did the agent have to fight for it?

I have been able to get a similar coupon applied to my current booking. Supposodly, the coupon was available to me whern I made the booking but did not show up as available until 2 months later :confused: . I emailed my TA and they were able to get it applied:D Of course, it still does not show up under my Princess :confused: :eek: . Will bring a copy of my statement with me if it is not listed in the final docs.

The same thing happened to me just a few weeks ago. I booked and paid for my cruise at the same time because when I booked it was already within the final payment time period.

About two weeks after booking I got a coupon in the mail for onboard credit of $100 in a balcony cabin if I booked within a certain time period, which I had done. I called my TA and he called Princess and they gave me the credit even though I had already booked and made final payment. Give it a try, what have you got to lose?

Archived