When's The Best Time To Book A Cruise To Get A Great Deal?

Sandytoes

We have found the opposite. Our best deals have been after final payment has been due. Princess then deeply discount cabins 'for new bookings only' to sell those extras. These rates are not available to those already booked and therefore they can not get their cruise far lowered to reflect the new bookings only rates.

If you don't need airfare, as that is almost always least expensive when booked well in advance, to us, that is the only way to go. We check the airfares first, then if they are reasonable, we book a last minute cruise.

We are looking to book the Coral either January trip in 07 after several times on Carnival. Carnival was great but we really want to be on the Panama Canal. Not sure what to do. Book now or, since we are only months away, grab a flash sale. Our questions: when are final payments due on Princess cruises? Is the 10 day Panama cruise way popular and subject to being sold out? I insist on a balcony room, even a bad one, so can we get one or better on sale? I need your experienced advice. Thanks!

Personally, I would watch the bookings and see just how fast the ship was selling, especially the balcony cabins. If it is slow, then I would wait until the flash promotions start before booking. Also, I would ask myself how important my cabin location is to me. If it really matters, then I would book while the cabin location is available even if it does run a bit more $$$ wise, if it doesn't, then I would hold off.

It really is a self judgement call on your part. But watch the cabin availability on the princess website, and monitor the pricing.

Archived