How many outfits for a toddler?

PJBUCHEIT

How many outfits a day do you all think I should pack for my 2 1/2 year old daughter? I don't want to over pack, but they can be messy. I was thinking of using the dispossible bibs that someone mentioned on the board, but she really dislikes bibs and would be a waste of money. Thanks for any info.

You did not mention which cruise line you will be on... if your ship has self laundry (like the Carnival Glory does) then you can simply take some laundry soap.

If not, (no RCI ships have self laundry) then you should overpack or be prepared to pay outrageous prices for laundry service!

Our daughter is 6 and stick makes a mess of herself by playing on the floor when we're not looking or being careless with a glass of juice.. so there will be a few extra outfits on our 9 day cruise.. lots of packing.

You did not mention which cruise line you will be on... if your ship has self laundry (like the Carnival Glory does) then you can simply take some laundry soap.

If not, (no RCI ships have self laundry) then you should overpack or be prepared to pay outrageous prices for laundry service!

Our daughter is 6 and stick makes a mess of herself by playing on the floor when we're not looking or being careless with a glass of juice.. so there will be a few extra outfits on our 9 day cruise.. lots of packing.

We will be on the Carnival Paradise and I do know that they have self laundry. I was just trying to not have to do any house hold chore while I was on vacation. I guess it would be safe to say to pack more tops then bottoms since they are usually what seems to get the messiest on my daughter.

try keeping your child in a bathing suit a lot of the time (easy to rinse out in the sink). As for "overpacking", toddler clothes are small (as compared to adult clothes) so it's easy (relatively) to pack more than the minimum.

I always pack for each day, 1 pair of shorts, 1 shirt, 1 dress THEN I throw in a few extra shirts cause I know they will get dirty.

And I use cutsie bibs that look like disney princess costumes cause my toddler is more likely to use them if they make her look like a princess....lol. :D

I travel with twin toddlers and bring:

Pajamas for each day (because they wear them to breakfast and get dirty)

Play outfit for each day

Dress for each evening

Bathing suit, cover-up, hats and shoes

As the previous poster said, since their clothes are so small, it's easy to bring all this, and then not have to worry about laundry. (Though I still did a load on our last cruise).

Best,

Mia

Archived