Native Ways-enough Time?

BKITTY

Ok all you Native Way pro's! I see there are alot out there! I really want to book the Rays/Reef/Rum Point tour but my ship arrives in GC supposedly at 9am. Sharon at N.W. says I have to be on the pier at 9:30 to meet their group. CAN I MAKE IT?! I know I'd have to be FIRST tendered off but how long is the tender process? This is our first time in GC. Need info fast so I hope someone out there can help!

THANKS!

Our group of 4 was on Freedom last week. We booked with Nativeway and had plenty of time. Actually, we were the first group to meet Sharon. People who were on other ships that decided to do some shopping first arrived after we did. GO WITH NATIVEWAY FOR THIS TOUR AND IT WILL BE THE HIGHLIGHT OF YOU VACATION.

I mean, can you beat a 5 hour tour for $60pp and a $10 tip pp? You'll see how first class this tour is compared to the others the cruiselines run.

Have a blast!

Thank you both for the reply. I know there are a lot of "IF's" for sure and that is what makes me nervous. After reading what everyone has to say and that its only a 10 minute tender ride...I'm going to WING IT and GO FOR IT! WISH ME LUCK and thanks again!

Our group of 4 was on Freedom last week. We booked with Nativeway and had plenty of time. Actually, we were the first group to meet Sharon. People who were on other ships that decided to do some shopping first arrived after we did. GO WITH NATIVEWAY FOR THIS TOUR AND IT WILL BE THE HIGHLIGHT OF YOU VACATION.

I mean, can you beat a 5 hour tour for $60pp and a $10 tip pp? You'll see how first class this tour is compared to the others the cruiselines run.

Have a blast!

1. How long were in port for? We are thinking about booking with Nativeways, we arrive there at 8am-4pm....

2.Did you have to be one of the first tenders off the ship to meet them in time?

3.Was rum point busy??

4.How long were you at each stop for?

I believe Freedom was in the port the same times....maybe 9-5....

The lines were long for the other ships....surprisingly, not Freedom. I believe Navigator and a Carnival ship were in port that day.

You are at the snorkel site for about 45 mins...the stingray site for about 55 mins...and then Rum Point for 1 hr. 20 mins. This was our trip...obviously, it could vary based on sea conditions on any given day.

Rum Point was NOT crowded AT ALL. It was a paradise.....hammocks, shady spots, sunny spots, clear water....

Personally, this was my favorite tour of the week!

Have a blast!

How many tour guides are on this tour??

So in total you paid $70.00p/p

Do not wing it. Schedule an early tender at the purser's desk. We were in a tender nightmare and when it comes down to it, the ship will get the folks on the tender who have booked through the ship before they will service the people who have booked independent tours. Take your paperwork to the purser's desk and schedule an early tender. Then meet your early tender group 10 minutes before you're supposed to!

I'm not sure what ship you're on - I was on the Rhapsody in June and went on the same excursion with NativeWay. There were several Carnival pax on the tour as well. On my ship, we had first come, first served tendering for the first 45 minutes, and there was no big crowd and no wait. After that, though, you had to get a ticket and wait your turn and that might cause you to miss your tour. Sharon knows the cruiselines' schedules and the tendering process and knows (barring anything unforeseen) how quickly you can make your way ashore, so there's time as long as you get up and get going and get on one of the first tenders. I do recall that there was little time left to shop after the tour - maybe an hour or so before I really needed to get in line for that last tender. So there was no time for any leisurely stroll around the shopping area. If you're just in the market for a T-Shirt or refrigerator magnet (like I was, I'm so high class :D ) you can get those at Rum Point. It's a great tour; you'll love every minute!

Native Way sounds like a nice bunch, how can you book the tour?, do they have a web site.

We always like to confirm to make sure the tours are there to pick us up.

Thanks

Yes they have a website it is: www.nativewaywatersports.com.

On their website they also list their phone #, Call them and ask them any questions or send them an email, Any time I sent them an email they replied within 24hrs.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunatly we are only in port from 7am-2pm, what in the world can we do in that time frame??? Would love that tour but we would never get back in time to tender back out to the ship. bummer! any suggestions would be appreciated, we want to get something out of our visit to grand cayman (don't need to shop).

We were on the Miracle 8/27 cruise and did the Reef, Rays, and Rum Point with Nativeway! This was the best tour that we have ever taken! They even let some of us drive their boat! Including me, and Teacherkabs husband, and their kids!!!!!! We had so much fun that day! There was me and my boyfriend, Karen and Mike and their two kids, and Louie and Tommi and their 3 kids! There was another group that they waited on for about 40 minutes...they didn't show...so the 11 of us had this tour and boat all to ourselves with two guides and a videographer! It was so much fun and much better than going on a crowded tour booked through the ship! We bought the DVD, it took two weeks to arrive at our home in Ohio! It is such a great memory of a beautiful day!

We were on the Miracle 8/27 cruise and did the Reef, Rays, and Rum Point with Nativeway! This was the best tour that we have ever taken! They even let some of us drive their boat! Including me, and Teacherkabs husband, and their kids!!!!!! We had so much fun that day! There was me and my boyfriend, Karen and Mike and their two kids, and Louie and Tommi and their 3 kids! There was another group that they waited on for about 40 minutes...they didn't show...so the 11 of us had this tour and boat all to ourselves with two guides and a videographer! It was so much fun and much better than going on a crowded tour booked through the ship! We bought the DVD, it took two weeks to arrive at our home in Ohio! It is such a great memory of a beautiful day!

How much was the video?? Eventhough you waited for 40 minutes you still made back in time? What was your time that you were in port??

How much was the video?? Eventhough you waited for 40 minutes you still made back in time? What was your time that you were in port??

The DVD was $60 plus $5.00 postage. It is 33 minutes long and so worth it! I have watched it many times and relived this great day!

VIP productions is the name of the videographers. On some tours they just do a photo DVD. Ours was the video. I believe our port time was 8:30 to 4:30. We made it back on time with plenty of time to spare. Anyone who gets to take this tour will not regret it!

• 2 weeks later...

Were not sure we want to do anything. Love the sound of this tour, but we don't want to committ.

When you get ashore, are there "vendors" offering this or similar tours? If we don't go an a tour, we were thinking of just going to 7 mile beach for a few hours of sun.

Thanks

TJ

Check out the next message about Nativeway. Several groups, including us, almost missed the last tender. Tour was great but too close to missing the ship for me.

Wow! This worries me a little. We have scheduled with Sharon because of all of the positive comments. Would hate to get left on the island.

Has anyone else had this problem?

We were back to our ship in plenty of time...We were there Sept 21st, did the Snorkel reef, Stingray City, Rum Point with Nativeways. They were fantastic. I wonder if those that missed could list the name of their guide??? Our's was Sheldon. We will use them when we take our teens next year....

We took the tour last week with Sheldon also. He assured us we would be back to tender to the Freedom in plenty of time and we were. Rum point was beautiful, food good. Loved the Stingrays and snorkeling. We only had about 18 on our boat and 3 crew who watched out for us closely. Since I am a senior was a little leary of this tour but they made it too awesome.

All in all it was the best.

Rapsodyme

Well, I had signed up my family (3 of us) for this trip but then when I read these posts I got concerned so I email Nativeways and here was there response.

Hi Debbie,

Yes, you should be able to come ashore the tour by 9:15 AM. No one from Mariner in the past has missed the tour because they could not come ashore on time.

We are fully aware that the last tender for your ship is at 3:30 PM. We guaranteethat you will be at the cruise ship pier, before your ship’s last tender.

Sharon Ebanks

I'm going to book this, excursion as it just looks to be just great! We are really looking forward to Grand Cayman.

Archived