Age restrictions for waverunners

Does anyone have an experience with how tight they are with the age restrictions for the waverunner excursions at Coco Cay. My daughter is 9 now and I would like to take her with me, but the age on the website says 10. Does anyone have any 1st hand knowledge if there is any give on the age issue. I remember reading of people taking their younger children with them at Labadee.

Thanks everyone

They have to be strict in order to keep their insurance and also for liability reasons. If 10 is the age they have decided on, then that's how their insurance policies have been underwritten, so they must be followed to keep their insurance valid.

beachchick

If you have a beach excursion somewhere, you may be able to just rent on the beach. We were just in Jamaica and Grand Cayman. At the resort we day-passed to in Jamaica, the riders (not drivers) had to be at least 10 or 12. On 7MB in GC, my 4 and 6 yr old kids were allowed to ride with DH. They didn't care, as long as you pd the rental fee.

Has your daughter had experience on waverunners before? We went on the waverunner tour with RCCL two different times and they REALLY open those babies up and hit some serious speed. I was holding on for dear life both times. It is ALOT of fun, but it could be intimidating to a young girl if she hasn't had much experience on them.

Have a great cruise!

Archived